How bad?

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
How bad did your center get hit with the post holiday fallout? Every route but like 2 in our center were in the red, some over 13 hour dispatches. All the on-cars were out driving, air drivers were delivering ground, etc.

Buck Fifty

How bad did your center get hit with the post holiday fallout? Every route but like 2 in our center were in the red, some over 13 hour dispatches. All the on-cars were out driving, air drivers were delivering ground, etc.

.....and ya'll will be filing grievances like crazy. Right ?

​If not, just lie to me please !!!

brostalss

It wasn't pretty at first. Showed 154 stops with a couple of splits. Was told to take 30 off. I was generous. Turned out to be close to a ten hour day. It is was it is.

oldngray

nowhere special

I happens every holiday. Thank the bean counters who say volume will be lighter every year and force routes to be cut. And with few new drivers being hired to replace all the ones lost recently to retirement it is as expected. Looks like another great peak this year!

Ouch

Supervisors delivering=vacation money. I also run one stop at a time and I do it safely. Just because you have that many stops doesn't mean change your work pace and don't deviate from your methods. I love when they ask what takes so long so I can use the form I printed up that says, UPS is requesting me to work unsafe because the stops are up and I have been dispatched with to much work. Pull out the form and ask you management team to sign it stating they are requesting you to work unsafe. It's amazing how they never have help until you ask them how many you need to bring back. You will usually receive help within an hour or two.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
For some reason Corp. Auditors were in the building again , they just did a complete overhaul in July , but I guess you just can't fix stupid .

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
It comes down to hiring drivers. Come next week when we are back to full vacations we will likely have 3-4 more routes than drivers.

cynic

Back in the unload dungeon... they continue to change our start time daily, moving the time up every day on anticipated volume the next day. This conflicts with my "other job" end time so I just show up at my regularly scheduled start time. Just because they start us earlier doesn't mean the inbound trailers are going to arrive earlier - and this company loves logistics?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Back in the unload dungeon... they continue to change our start time daily, moving the time up every day on anticipated volume the next day. This conflicts with my "other job" end time so I just show up at my regularly scheduled start time. Just because they start us earlier doesn't mean the inbound trailers are going to arrive earlier - and this company loves logistics?
Your local supplement doesn't address this? UPS has a week in advance to post start times in this area.
Generally, my philosophy is that if they want to play games with start times now, come peak my start time will be the bid start time - every night.

cynic

Your local supplement doesn't address this? UPS has a week in advance to post start times in this area.
Generally, my philosophy is that if they want to play games with start times now, come peak my start time will be the bid start time - every night.

And why I continue to show up at my scheduled start time, especially when our panic'ed PT sup comes around and verbally tells me that I need to come in early the next day. Good luck with THAT!! And don't text me a new start time unless it is a company paid for cell phone...

Again, lack of planning on their part does not constitute and emergency on my part. And will likely present many revenue opportunities for my fellow union members when supervisors start working - more than usual. :wink2:

Buck Fifty

I too have run zero stops this week. Such a grand time.

Welp, time to head out for some more golf :golfcart:

1st stop Beer
2nd stop golf course
3rd stop sand trap
4th stop woods
5th stop bathroom( unless taken care of at stop 4)

You can run , but you cant hide. Enjoy my brother

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
Its been hell this week for me as a prelaoder and my drivers. Its the end of the fiscal week/ month of buisness, so its been bad. And with Disney, each and every year, they forget it as always. The first time in my 5 years, dispatch has added a new route to help out the load. Still loading 1000+ with the help. These idiots are careless, always in this time frame. I've had 1000+ every day of this week. Hardcore in dispsatch as fulltime driver soups shouldnt be working here.

In my minds eye, they should be all fired.

Last edited by a moderator:

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less

My hub has been getting annihilated all week. When did Labor Day become Cyber Monday Lite?

Volume over 200,000 per night, start times pushed up 20-30 minutes earlier, and working doubles all over the place. OT every day and pulled almost 10 hours on Tuesday. Life is good.

:greedy:

Howe909

my hub cut routes all week casue we never got the packages... ez money all week with atleast 10 mins of down time each day

Last edited: