How Big (or small) is your center

PT Car Washer

Our hub was built 1978-1979.
They doubled the hub size, but not the yard size, around 1987-88.
Back then we had 40 foot drop frames and 26 foot (yes, 26 foot) drop frames.
As time went by the trailers got bigger but the yard didn't.
It's a 3 ring circus now.

I've never seen a 48 foot drop frame.
Couldn't remember the exact length. I know we had cows and the short ones pups. Wan't too bad if you could get the yard monkeys to jack the front end up. I know a lot of times they wouldn't so they could have a longer break before they actually had to do something.

onewithedd

Man, I’m glad I’m a small center straight line belt, 6 bay doors, 1 mechanics bay, 3 unload doors. 2 dog houses 20-25 routes. Park on either side of the building. No security checks, enter through any walk thru door. Since the rona all DIADs are place on our driver seat along with pcm and collected from the same spot at night. I haven’t been in the office for months!! Only for compliance training.

Undertow

That's pretty big. I am at 3 centers 310 routes. But we opened up a new building and now we are 240 routes.
Man a new building sure sounds nice. The one I'm in is somewhere between 50 and 60 years old and it just doesn't go well with 53' trailers, P-12's and all the irregular bulk items that seem to be an increasing share of the volume these days. The DIAD room and some of the offices have air conditioning, but the locker room can get as hot as the cargo area of a package car and if the plumbing or sewer goes bad, look out!:nonono:

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
Man a new building sure sounds nice. The one I'm in is somewhere between 50 and 60 years old and it just doesn't go well with 53' trailers, P-12's and all the irregular bulk items that seem to be an increasing share of the volume these days. The DIAD room and some of the offices have air conditioning, but the locker room can get as hot as the cargo area of a package car and if the plumbing or sewer goes bad, look out!:nonono:

You have a locker room?