How can I defend myself to a supervisor/higher management being rude without getting in trouble?

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
I’ve had supervisors cuss at me, not give me my guaranteed breaks, talk to me extremely rudely like “Shut up, pull the belt in” etc. They also try to rush me working. I’ve gotten told to tell my union stewart or HR about the incidents which I most likely will, but for now I need a way to sort of tell my supervisors to stop being rude without getting in trouble. Whenever they try to rush me, from now on I will tell them I am working safe, but I need a respectful way to tell them to stop being rude to me and other workers.
They treat u like a be ach because they know they can
Grow a pair or just shut the eff up
Bitch

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
D3D5635B-5A47-4A41-B0E4-425D74916262.gif
it is if i want to go to college... thats the only reason why anybody my age works here... its not that simple

Superteeth2478

I’ve had supervisors cuss at me, not give me my guaranteed breaks, talk to me extremely rudely like “Shut up, pull the belt in” etc. They also try to rush me working. I’ve gotten told to tell my union stewart or HR about the incidents which I most likely will, but for now I need a way to sort of tell my supervisors to stop being rude without getting in trouble. Whenever they try to rush me, from now on I will tell them I am working safe, but I need a respectful way to tell them to stop being rude to me and other workers.
Grow some :censored2: balls. Either turn stuff back on them with sarcasm (like I do), or just tell them that if they won't speak in a civilized manner with you then for them to shut the hell up. Avoid cursing, they'll probably call that "workplace violence". You can say plenty without cursing, anyways. When they tell you they'll fire you for speaking up for yourself, they're full of :censored2:. And go to HR and specifically mention the key words "hostile work environment". Those should be trigger terms for a proper HR department. If that doesn't get anything done, call the UPS Helpline. 1-800-220-4126. I'm surprised only one other person has mentioned that so far.

Last edited:

Maplewood

I have always found that giving them :censored2:ty numbers usally does the trick. Its the only language this new generation of incompetent management knows.

nancyg

No matter what they say to me I smile and say "I'm doing the best I can"

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
giphy.gif

rickyb

im not familiar with this but i would make a copy of whatever you send to them telling them to stop harassing

if not then bring in the union.

LarryBird

I read the 1st 2 pages of this thread. Had to comment before finishing it.

The funniest thing thus far is how this kid has no idea what he's in for when he graduates from college. I'm not sure he realizes how many ups drivers have college degrees but work as package drivers because we make far more money than the average college grad/white collar professionals.

Kid, you gonna come back and apologize when you're driving the truck for a 100 grand a year despite your degree or when you take a job in your field of study for half (if you're lucky) of what we pull down?

Sure, we bitch about it. Yeah, we might be a bit 'bitter' at times, although I don't know that I totally agree with that word per se. But in the big picture view, we're pretty happy with our lives, the living this job provides us and our families, and the fact that we'll have a pension and be able to retire early if we want in most cases.

Good luck in your future. But chances are, you won't end up any better off, and you could end up wishing you had a job this good. There's not many jobs left that have pensions, kid. You better start saving now.