How can I defend myself to a supervisor/higher management being rude without getting in trouble?

542thruNthru

didnt refuse, the belt started back up before we could start shuffling them out, but it hurts because they constantly put us in :censored2: feeders with no help even after we ask, this dude is 2 years older than me and became supervisor 5 months after working, ive worked as a handler way longer than 5 months, he has no idea what hes doing even i can tell and the whole building can tell, hes an idiot. sooooo... ur reasoning is invalid

Everyone everywhere thinks they are smarter then their supervisor. It doesn't matter he is your supervisor and you work as directed.

I know this is probably your 1st or 2nd job ever but work isn't like the show The Office. You're told to do something and are expected to do it.

I'm starting to see why they pick on you. You complain a lot. No one cares that you are sore from working. It's a physical job. You're always going to be sore. If you can't handle it then quit or go into management.

I can't tell my sup my feet are sore and can only delier or 5 hours because don't feel like delivering for 10 hours.

old levi's

blank space
I’ve had supervisors cuss at me, not give me my guaranteed breaks, talk to me extremely rudely like “Shut up, pull the belt in” etc. They also try to rush me working. I’ve gotten told to tell my union stewart or HR about the incidents which I most likely will, but for now I need a way to sort of tell my supervisors to stop being rude without getting in trouble. Whenever they try to rush me, from now on I will tell them I am working safe, but I need a respectful way to tell them to stop being rude to me and other workers.

Quit ups, join the military.

It will broaden your horizons.

I promise.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
im not saying i dont work as directed, but the work they instruct us to do is unfair. for example: he told me i needed to get 270 totes for him and bring them 6 feeder doors down from
the door from
the totes, thats literally stupid as hell and hard to do when people are in their feeders with their belts pulled in, so what i said was justified because he was an idiot and he cursed at me first
Take your time. Work safe. They cannot enforce how fast you work. You work as safe as possible. They can threaten you all they want. They cant discipline you let alone fire you.

The union starts with U brother. U need to take initiative. Find your steward. Let him know what's going. The union didnt offer up any info. Find it your self.

And these old guys are right. If you cant stand up for yourself your gonna have tough time here. Get a contract book. Read it. Know your rights. Laugh in any supervisors face when they tell you anything and never be afraid to file a grievance.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Everyone everywhere thinks they are smarter then their supervisor. It doesn't matter he is your supervisor and you work as directed.

I know this is probably your 1st or 2nd job ever but work isn't like the show The Office. You're told to do something and are expected to do it.

I'm starting to see why they pick on you. You complain a lot. No one cares that you are sore from working. It's a physical job. You're always going to be sore. If you can't handle it then quit or go into management.

I can't tell my sup my feet are sore and can only delier or 5 hours because don't feel like delivering for 10 hours.
Lol I almost said in a previous response. I sympathize with your management. . You’ve got an excuse for everything and complain a ton.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Ricky had to go to Russia to fight Drago after he killed Apollo. Rocky did not complain and got the job done

Days

@OP idk. I think the best thing you can do is tell them you’re doing your best. A lot of times people are looking for a reaction so if you don’t give them one, they’ll move on to a new target.

clean hairy

UPDATE: today i kinda got mad because this :censored2: told us to “start shuffling boxes”, because the belt was down and there was way too many walls left to push these heavy ass packages and im already sore, so i told
him i was hurt because i kinda am. he started being a :censored2:bag and saying :censored2: like ill report it now and you can go ahead and leave. as much as i wanted to, i didnt want to get in trouble because he said he’d tell our safety lady, etc and they would try to bull:censored2: me so i just let it go, i wanted to be like and i’ll go to my union steward every time you dont give us our breaks after 3 hours but i didnt want to start anything, i read most of the contract last night and im surprised theres not as much stuff as i was expecting. but yea i didnt shuffle any boxes because that hurts my shoulder after a while and its ineffective when we could just wait for the belt to turn back on, its not worth moving 4 or 5 boxes when u can just let the belt start back up which it did.
When he tells you to shuffle boxes, inform him your hands are not big enough to shuffle boxes, BUT if he has a deck of cards you could shuffle those and maybe do a couple of magic tricks!
If he asks if you are being a smart aleck, just reply "not at all, I am just stating the obvious!