Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest. I just wanted to let you know that there will be some service disruptions here over the next few days. We're moving to a new server and then the latest version of xenforo is going to be installed. ~ cheryl

How can I defend myself to a supervisor/higher management being rude without getting in trouble?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by AK., Feb 19, 2019.

1. AK.

AK. Member

I’ve had supervisors cuss at me, not give me my guaranteed breaks, talk to me extremely rudely like “Shut up, pull the belt in” etc. They also try to rush me working. I’ve gotten told to tell my union stewart or HR about the incidents which I most likely will, but for now I need a way to sort of tell my supervisors to stop being rude without getting in trouble. Whenever they try to rush me, from now on I will tell them I am working safe, but I need a respectful way to tell them to stop being rude to me and other workers.

2. Smile

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. LeaveIt2Griever

LeaveIt2Griever FileFileFile

543CB0CE-AE56-4089-9DFC-3D89C1315E6A.gif

4. AK.

AK. Member

Not soft its called not taking BS, buddy. Stay mad

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  5. Grow a pair
    Ask for a steward to be present or tell your sup to take a hike

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. AK.

AK. Member

If anything the sups need to grow a pair, so thats a zero, because telling them to take a hike will make their sensitive :censored3: mad and threaten to fire you. I’ve had it happen before when I told my supervisor to f*** off for asking me to do stupid stuff

7. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

827F9F9D-F314-4C0D-B636-B925FC28866E.gif

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

You sound like a tuff guy

9. I don't think anyone on here can help you.

10. AK.

AK. Member

Well I’m not and I admit I’m not, I started working at UPS in July to get a headstart on college and they treat people like me like garbage, they constantly do things on purpose to try to screw us over, so yes naturally I won’t be one of those people that deal with BS everyday and try to call it being “tough”

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. AK.

AK. Member

shocker, looks like everyone on here is a bunch of middle aged * who hate their lives because they’ve been working at ups their whole life

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2019
  12. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

C5B431EC-6AC1-4221-98D1-F138485CCEB4.gif

13. Mi we have experience in these matters and you Millennials get too birthday hurt when you have to act like a grown up.

@burrheadd will handle all further questions

14. Rack em

Rack em 2018 Brown Cafe Fantasy Football Champion

I like that, don't let them bully you around. If it continues just say "I'll be getting my steward and filing a harassment grievance after the sort" Then do exactly that and he should back off. If he doesn't then you'll have to escalate things, but harassment grievances usually settle the power trip sups down.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  15. BakerMayfield2018

BakerMayfield2018 Fight the power.

We hate you. And your mother.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  16. BigBrown87

BigBrown87 If it’s brown, it’s going down

File harassment grievance or call HR on them or man up and tell him off. Get a steward involved start a trail that makes this guy think twice before being a ass hat.

17. Rack em

Rack em 2018 Brown Cafe Fantasy Football Champion

Members here will feed off comments like this. Try not to let people get under your skin, just like the supervisor you have.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  18. AK.

AK. Member

Thank you for being helpful, and not one of these annoying baby boomers that like to blame everything on us millennials like we don’t go through tougher things that they do or like they didnt raise them, I’m here now to pay off my college and get this work out of the way now instead of staying here my whole life to be bitter about it. I’ll say that next time I have a supervisor being a jerk without a reason. I expected this place to be like this, not sure what I expected, Just needed some advice. Thanks

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  19. AK.

AK. Member

Acting like a grown up? fool I’ve done more for my future than you have in your whole life, stay leeching off of ups lol

20. AK.

AK. Member

so if I man up they cant fire me right? thats the thing, i would love to but ive done it before and they threaten to fire me so i started toning it down, i know im in the union and will get my job back but its not as simple for me to do that, i have to keep my job until i can get out of the program im in