How can I DQ (if possible)

Jonathon Freeloader

I was a TCD for 3 1/2 years when I signed a bidsheet for FT cover driving.
I had my life setup and ready to ride for a couple of years as a FT driver, but after the bidsheet went down at the end of July 2017 my life quickly fell apart, and I was unable to go forward with a FT job at ups.

I was pulled from preload to work as a driver for some time because of vacations and stuff for the month of August, totally expecting to return to my PT job a few weeks later.

The first week into August, my driving supervisor walked by me and pointed at me and said "You're FT today" I replied "I don't want to be" he said okay, and said I had to get something in writing from the building manager. He went to his office and returned some time later and said it wasn't going to happen, it was too late.

No "offer". No discussion. No full disclosure of how permanent this was. Now I'm 4 and a half years in, and the only way I can get back to what I was doing is to quit and start all over?

I called my steward, I called my local Union Hall, I even talked to the building manager myself. All said file a grievance.

I did this. Company responded with "no contract violation" and it went to panel, and returned the same results.

Talked to a different Union representative from another state, and he said I could disqualify myself... Is this possible?
Or are there any other options I have? Or am I just screwed?

I had my life setup and ready to ride for a couple of years as a FT driver, but after the bidsheet went down at the end of July 2017 my life quickly fell apart, and I was unable to go forward with a FT job at ups.

I was pulled from preload to work as a driver for some time because of vacations and stuff for the month of August, totally expecting to return to my PT job a few weeks later.

The first week into August, my driving supervisor walked by me and pointed at me and said "You're FT today" I replied "I don't want to be" he said okay, and said I had to get something in writing from the building manager. He went to his office and returned some time later and said it wasn't going to happen, it was too late.

No "offer". No discussion. No full disclosure of how permanent this was. Now I'm 4 and a half years in, and the only way I can get back to what I was doing is to quit and start all over?

I called my steward, I called my local Union Hall, I even talked to the building manager myself. All said file a grievance.

I did this. Company responded with "no contract violation" and it went to panel, and returned the same results.

Talked to a different Union representative from another state, and he said I could disqualify myself... Is this possible?
You can DQ yourself in the first 30 days.

Jonathon Freeloader

That's what my local Union said before I signed the sheet, but afterwards they said since I was a qualified TCD, I had already passed my 30 packet. It was called "Flipping a switch"

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Do this...
ups-truck-accident.jpg

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
So you want to DQ yourself and go back to part time work? Sounds like the only option is to resign and get rehired at a different building if they will allow it. Panel already gave you their answer and cant help you out so quitting and getting rehired is the only option from what you are telling me. If you had a medical condition that prohibits you from driving like epilepsy or a heart condition this would be the only way out IMO. GOOD LUCK!

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
There is alot of PTs that set would love to be in your spot. You could always self DQ yourself

That's what the OP is asking... but management is saying not possible???

How about DR everything in a dumpster, light a match to it...
4GEe.gif