How can ups pay these high wages?

Thebrownblob

I don't don't think some people understand how expensive it is to ship with UPS. At my old job I ran the UPS manifest on the shipping dock sometimes shipping out 1000 packages or more. That was 10 years ago now, but let me tell you it was extremely expensive especially those larger air packages. I know we got discounts as a company, but still. Can't imagine how bad it is now.
Shipping is expensive with FedEx and UPS because they actually have to make a profit. The USPS does not, so the price of shipping looks a little skewed when actuality UPS and FedEx are actually pretty reasonable. Especially with the substantial discounts daily shippers get.

oldngray

nowhere special
Shipping is expensive with FedEx and UPS because they actually have to make a profit. The USPS does not, so the price of shipping looks a little skewed when actuality UPS and FedEx are actually pretty reasonable. Especially with the substantial discounts daily shippers get.
USPS also uses letter delivery to subsidize their package delivery.

textat3

They can cut the wages and eliminate jobs in upper management. There is a massive amount of people in higher management with basically no show jobs. There are part time sups that wander around buildings all day and hang out in the bathroom for half their shift. Bottom line, unless your last name is Tome, first name Carol, you don’t have to worry about it. Just show up…..on time…..in uniform….and work safe.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Still don’t understand how ups still able to be profitable with these high wages ? Did the company secretly increase their prices?
Even their worst year ever UPS has turned a profit, I have never understood the hand wringing employees do worrying about UPS being able to make a profit

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
…till summer vacations
damnit guys this happens every year WAKE UP
🧔‍♂️✊
IMG_7498.jpeg

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
They can cut the wages and eliminate jobs in upper management. There is a massive amount of people in higher management with basically no show jobs. There are part time sups that wander around buildings all day and hang out in the bathroom for half their shift. Bottom line, unless your last name is Tome, first name Carol, you don’t have to worry about it. Just show up…..on time…..in uniform….and work safe.

:bag:🤫….Carol didn’t know that !

anonymous23456

Hello SurePost!