How can you get hired on as FT package driver?

oldngray

nowhere special
Sorry chief not how it works

Not sure what the sad story about your mom has to do with anything
tenor.gif

I meant towards your pension, but wow! That sucks! Where do you fall on that list? Kudos to you for looking at the long term picture.
10 years for pension... and thanks , I’m just looking long term. It’s hard cause I make good money and to go back to
Bottom is a hard bullet to sallow. Love the sarcastic remarks from people, I ain’t saying I’m better then anyone. But you guys have a way better union and that was helps. If you compare benefits you got have it way better.

silverbullet2893

KILL KILL!!
Currently 5 years with Usps, I live in southwestern PA , and I have plenty of experience driving our own 2 tons delivery packages... Wondering what I need to do to not start PT again, since I have experience in a similar job. Main reason I’m looking is for job security, better union, and morrrrre
Money. If anyone can give me some tips that would be appreciated!

My wife’s mom worked as package handler for 23 years and never got promoted and eventually got hurt serval times and is pretty much disabled. She never missed work and was a loyal employee.Also I have experience driving the same trucks doing a the same job and able to physically handle it. I know for a fact most people can’t handle the work load.

Not to be an ass buddy but, if your mother in law works (ed) at UPS, why not just ask her? She’s probably a better source for the info you want being you’ll probably be trying to get on in the same building/region/local.

Because of poor life choices and the need for a FT position at UPS isn't a reason UPS will give you a job.
Start PT and pay your dues like everyone else.
You aren't special and will not receive special treatment
You sound just as miserable as the people with 30 years a the post office lol , thanks for the wise words.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
10 years for pension... and thanks , I’m just looking long term. It’s hard cause I make good money and to go back to
Bottom is a hard bullet to sallow. Love the sarcastic remarks from people, I ain’t saying I’m better then anyone. But you guys have a way better union and that was helps. If you compare benefits you got have it way better.

Go apply, get yourself a preload job
Sign all bids that come up

But don’t think just because you’re a
“Hard worker” that you get to skip the
Line

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
It’s hard cause I make good money and to go back to Bottom is a hard bullet to sallow... But you guys have a way better union and that was helps. If you compare benefits you got have it way better.

I've had to do that twice in my life. Major job or career changes are always difficult if you don't get something better lined up before leaving your current job. At your age, with 22.4's, it's possible you may never make top scale ground driver. Or if you do, it might take so long that you will never make up the loss. It's up to you if you want to take that risk.

FedUPSer9816

Full Service
Currently 5 years with Usps, I live in southwestern PA , and I have plenty of experience driving our own 2 tons delivery packages... Wondering what I need to do to not start PT again, since I have experience in a similar job. Main reason I’m looking is for job security, better union, and morrrrre

Timing is everything with this company. I came from FedEx Express a few years ago, UPS is a far better deal, though harder work. I came on as a FT seasonal driver. With your experience, you're likely to land a spot, though it's no guarantee. I was laid off a few weeks & then rehired. If you can weather the storm, it's a good deal.

Timing is everything with this company. I came from FedEx Express a few years ago, UPS is a far better deal, though harder work. I came on as a FT seasonal driver. With your experience, you're likely to land a spot, though it's no guarantee. I was laid off a few weeks & then rehired. If you can weather the storm, it's a good deal.
Finally a positive response, thanks! I see the 2 fedex express drivers on my route daily, sometimes it will be me fedex and ups at the same houses at the same time .

UrFellowUpser

Stay where you are at becoming a new driver at ups is hard at first. Not getting any work being sent home and layoffs. Its alot of uncertainties early on but if you can get through all that you are set.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Is that big hammer you hit that ape with heavy?