How can you tell me that with a straight face?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Really, who cares about so called , time allowances? They are bogus. Funny thing, when it gets real heavy, nothing is said about helper time, zip, zero, nada! Same goes for telematic reports. Nope, not in December!

upschuck

It's entirely stupid.

I tell my helper on the first day about this and that I will report his hours under the whole hour and on the last day I will bump his time by an hour or two to make up the lost time.

You could get fired for this in a heartbeat. What if on the last day he calls in sick, what if you get a different helper? I am sure that the helper would want to get paid for the entire time worked with you. You are playing with fire. Falsifying your time card, stealing time, dishonesty, comes to mind.

C

chuchu

You could get fired for this in a heartbeat. What if on the last day he calls in sick, what if you get a different helper? I am sure that the helper would want to get paid for the entire time worked with you. You are playing with fire. Falsifying your time card, stealing time, dishonesty, comes to mind.
Save your breath. He knows more than all of us put together. I cant believe he'd post that. Well, then again...

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I don't even look at the Helper "allowed work time" on the paper time card they give us everyday. If I'm loaded down with stops, I use the Helper until I get through, their .99 of an hour doesn't exist in the real world.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I don't even look at the Helper "allowed work time" on the paper time card they give us everyday. If I'm loaded down with stops, I use the Helper until I get through, their .99 of an hour doesn't exist in the real world.

I know each morning I will get an ass chewing no matter how hard i work,regardless of the dispatch or the load .............. so.................... I choose to get the 'you kept your helper too long' ass chewing. I smile,say i'll try harder today and then go do my thing

oldngray

nowhere special
The helper time allowances are a joke. If you have them longer than 2 or 3 hours it destroys your route allowances. And I forget exactly but the helper allowance is calculated to nearest hour rounded off or something like that. I mean if you keep them 1 minute past the hour it counts the same as if you kept them another 30 minutes. I am fuzzy on the exact numbers though.

C

chuchu

Agreed. When the powers that be tell me that they're picking up my helper I ask them "how many do you want sheeted missed?" and they ask me how long I would need the helper to get done. We all know where the "D" key is.

The helper time allowances are a joke. If you have them longer than 2 or 3 hours it destroys your route allowances. And I forget exactly but the helper allowance is calculated to nearest hour rounded off or something like that. I mean if you keep them 1 minute past the hour it counts the same as if you kept them another 30 minutes. I am fuzzy on the exact numbers though.

They expect you to do 70% more work with a helper. SO if you average 15 stops an hour...they expect you to do around 25 with a helper!...whatever...lol

C

chuchu

I don't want anyone to get fired. Evidently he doesn't know what he is doing is wrong, or why would he have posted that.
I understand that and agree. Who doesn't understand that changing a helper's timecard is falsification? I hope no one is confused about that.

upschuck

I understand that and agree. Who doesn't understand that changing a helper's timecard is falsification? I hope no one is confused about that.

Also don't want a young impressionable driver to do the same thing, they may think that was a good idea, not thinking about the consequences if nobody challenged it.

Overpaid Union Thug

Why worry about their numbers? Let the desk jockeys worry about that. If you are given a helper for 3 hours than use them for 3 hours. Screw this 2.99 nonsense. We are delivering package. Not mastering metrics on a corporate spreadsheet.

pkgdriver

I will not give anybody any reason to question my integrity. "Making up the difference" will earn you a visit with the center manager and LP in my center. It did for a coworker in my center 2 years ago.

gingerkat

Even though there is no technical way to "punch in/out" a helper, UPS is 100% responsible for keeping accurate records, not the helper. It must be very difficult as a driver to train and keep your helpers timecard and to try and figure out WTF management is trying do. With that being said, wouldn't it be better to just record the actual time?

Even though there is no technical way to "punch in/out" a helper, UPS is 100% responsible for keeping accurate records, not the helper. It must be very difficult as a driver to train and keep your helpers timecard and to try and figure out WTF management is trying do. With that being said, wouldn't it be better to just record the actual time?

You want paid?? lol

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I don't want anyone to get fired. Evidently he doesn't know what he is doing is wrong, or why would he have posted that.

You're new here and don't really understand.
UpState knows exactly what he's posting and he knows that I/we will have a problem with it.
He's an accomplished troll.
Be careful how far you let yourself to be drawn in.