How can you tell me that with a straight face?

Stonefish

And preloaders can be air drivers governed by DOT hours. You can be terminated for changing or falsifying their DOT record. That whole scheme is playing with fire. UPS fired a sup in our center for changing hours of service and they'll get rid of you quicker.
You are correct Chuchu
Why not use the helper for the time you need them? By playing with the numbers you are putting yourself and your helper in jeopardy of violations of the contract and the DOT.
They will get fired and blame someone else for their dishonest acts. I see that all the time it's never their fault.
Who cares what the center manager saying about your overallowed as long as you are doing what you are supposed to be doing.
Don't look at the racing forms in the morning and you won't care.

It's entirely stupid.

I tell my helper on the first day about this and that I will report his hours under the whole hour and on the last day I will bump his time by an hour or two to make up the lost time.
I'd love it if your LP guy is reading this and they fired you from your info from this site. You'd be a girl out of work.

Marne Vet

Every peak it's a battle with how long I'm suppose to keep my helper(s). It starts off the same way each year. "Keep them for only 3 hours", which means 2.99 on their paperwork. I have no problem making sure I record it as a .99 for instead of the full hour. It's stupid, but that's their call, and not mine. Then I cut the helper loose after said 2.99 hours and stay out till 9pm or later. The next day they bitch about how long I was out, and we argue that I need a helper as long as I see fit, not what they think I need them for. This goes on for a few days, and then I keep my helper from the moment they meet me, till the last stop, and that's it. Happens every year. I also have to get rid of at least 3 helpers on average every peak till I find one that's reliable, and knows how to move. Can't stand overweight slow people that think this is a vacation job. I also don't mind the arguing with my boss over it, because in the end I always get to keep them all day without having to explain myself. I get done sooner, and paying a helper 7 hours is cheaper than paying me the extra 3 hours of OT.

C

chuchu

Every peak it's a battle with how long I'm suppose to keep my helper(s). It starts off the same way each year. "Keep them for only 3 hours", which means 2.99 on their paperwork. I have no problem making sure I record it as a .99 for instead of the full hour. It's stupid, but that's their call, and not mine. Then I cut the helper loose after said 2.99 hours and stay out till 9pm or later. The next day they bitch about how long I was out, and we argue that I need a helper as long as I see fit, not what they think I need them for. This goes on for a few days, and then I keep my helper from the moment they meet me, till the last stop, and that's it. Happens every year. I also have to get rid of at least 3 helpers on average every peak till I find one that's reliable, and knows how to move. Can't stand overweight slow people that think this is a vacation job. I also don't mind the arguing with my boss over it, because in the end I always get to keep them all day without having to explain myself. I get done sooner, and paying a helper 7 hours is cheaper than paying me the extra 3 hours of OT.
If I have to dump off the helper in 2.99 hrs it's 2.99 that they work.It's not that hard. Playing the game without being in control of the board is Russian roulette.

Cab fare? Padding time cards? Buying lunch to cover falsification? I'd just rather do it by the book and live to fight another day.
Upstate New York must be utopia where the purple haze floats and gummy bears hang from trees.

rod

Retired 22 years
If I have to dump off the helper in 2.99 hrs it's 2.99 that they work.It's not that hard. Playing the game without being in control of the board is Russian roulette.

Cab fare? Padding time cards? Buying lunch to cover falsification? I'd just rather do it by the book and live to fight another day.
Upstate New York must be utopia where the purple haze floats and gummy bears hang from trees.

Upstate is the Mayor of Clarksville

gingerkat

Sadly most helpers don't understand the system and what it means. If you told a driver you were "messing or adjusting" their time, what do you think he/she would say? Probably to go pound sand. Treat your fellow coworker, even though they're making a fraction of you, the same as you. Just report the actual hours.

How does one work around the clock to get the helper back to their destination point time on the exact time anyway? That seems almost impossible.

M

MenInBrown

I'm on a satellite rt and my sup sent me a message out of the blue the other day that our load time was not as demonstrated as on another day. I messaged him back saying if I have same amount of pkgs, the same size, and same weight then it will be as demonstrated. No response back and no more messages about load time since. After peak I should start sending messages that my load time was under allowed as demonstrated on dec 19th

Future

Victory Ride
:santa::santa:Drive the truck safe! Take care of your body! Deliver every pkg on your truck!Smile at your customers!Make sure your hopper is working safe! Over/under worry about on Sundays watching football!