how come im always being sent around the hub

BobBarker

im a sorter and during my shift im always approached by supervisors and told to go help around the hub. like ive been asked to go to IRREG ive been asked to go help with unloading ive been asked to do recycles and im always the person they ask “do you wanna go home or stay” like they always come to me first to see if i wanna stay or go home and they always tell me to go somewhere else in the hub and help because its understaffed. it doesnt make sense because im a great sorter.

Box Ox

im a sorter and during my shift im always approached by supervisors and told to go help around the hub. like ive been asked to go to IRREG ive been asked to go help with unloading ive been asked to do recycles and im always the person they ask “do you wanna go home or stay” like they always come to me first to see if i wanna stay or go home and they always tell me to go somewhere else in the hub and help because its understaffed. it doesnt make sense because im a great sorter.

Guess what? It's because they think you can competently do any job. And there are plenty of great sorters out there. Nobody's special.

PeakMode

Arrive Peak Leave
Sups view you as reliable enough to go to any area of the building an thrive. Remember at UPS, the harder you work...the more work (hrs) they put on you. I use to get more hrs than PT Sups which drove IE crazy till they swallowed me and saw me work. Never questioned my hrs again.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
ezgif-4-1a9d48ffb02c.gif

JustDeliverIt

And don't use your real name here, this isn't Facebook.

upschuck

Sups view you as reliable enough to go to any area of the building an thrive. Remember at UPS, the harder you work...the more work (hrs) they put on you. I use to get more hrs than PT Sups which drove IE crazy till they swallowed me and saw me work. Never questioned my hrs again.
They swallowed you?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
62A83882-E50E-40FC-8FD6-2BEBB9B45E08.gif

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
it’s because you suck

getting moved around could have been an indication of quality, but since they ask you if you want to go home, 100% they think you’re expendable

sorry

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Now, now...Everyone calm down. It is entirely possible for the OP to think himself to be God's gift to the hub, and yet, suck worse than Kansas City Chiefs overtime defense!

You see, the company is experimenting with a pilot program called "Operation Wimpism". Supervisors are called "Life Coaches", and are trained to give praise no matter what. They give awards and small trophies to all. Some say "I Tried", or 7th Place Winner"!

The OP might be in this trial program?