How did Peak go for you?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Well, here we are. For most of us, another Peak Season over. My thoughts go out to all of you that will work tomorrow and those of you out in the Denver Area. How did it go for everyone? What was the good and the bad? This time of the year makes our company shine in my opinion. Yes, its stressful and exhausting, but we get it done. This was my thirty-second one, and it was challenging as always.

Merry Christmas to everyone, it will be nice to be able to wind back down to normal next week.:thumbup1:

hitsomebody

That guy that wears brown
Well its not over for some of us. Working on Saturday 845am start time.

Rumor was 2 cans of air bound for us got left in Louisville. That would explain the 4 NDA and 7 NDS stops I had today on 'peak" air day.

On the other hand they have 18 drivers scheduled for Saturday, and 3 of them want 8 hour days. So good for me, bad for them

satellitedriver

Well, here we are. For most of us, another Peak Season over. My thoughts go out to all of you that will work tomorrow and those of you out in the Denver Area. How did it go for everyone? What was the good and the bad? This time of the year makes our company shine in my opinion. Yes, its stressful and exhausting, but we get it done. This was my thirty-second one, and it was challenging as always.

Merry Christmas to everyone, it will be nice to be able to wind back down to normal next week.:thumbup1:
I have to admire you. I have only done 21 peaks. My heart also goes out to Denver and all who are forced to work tomorrow. This peak went about the same as every one I have been thru.The 3 drivers around my area were a great help. We would meet, exchange stops and make it all happen. First year I ever gave Christmas presents to my fellow drivers, but they pitched in and helped when they easily could have gone home. It was the least I could do to show my thanks. Peak is always exhausting and challenging and some how we get it done. Peak is always good when it is over. Merry Christmas to all.

DS

Fenderbender
It went well here. A pat on the back for upper management to give the front line sups the tools to get it done.No missed for the first time in 16 years.

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
Denver's gonna be friend---ed up HARDCORE!!! Unconfirmed rumors have helpers working ALL next week. Anyone on UPSers.com see anything about working Sunday????

upsdude

Peak 2006 was my 21st and I have to say it was my best. Most of us only had 2 really bad days, the Wednesday before Thanksgiving and Thursday of this week. Our volume was up 25% over last year yet we were on the road by 9:00 every day. Center management asked for routes and drivers to run them and the requests were granted.

Hello Atlanta, For sure there were areas that had the worst peak ever, most of us had the best one. Take what you’ve learned from Peak 2006, fix the problem areas and maintain the good areas. Make 2007’s Peak another one to be proud of.

Ruralbrownman

Is there really a such thing as peak anymore. It seems to last 11 monthes out of the year , the other month is the 8-hr requests we can have twice a month.

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
This peak was my last! Except for yesterday we got all our air before we left the building, that's a record for our center! It was our 1st PAS peak and it was the only way the new drivers could have done it. Last night a few of the newly retired drivers stopped in pat everyone on the back and get some free food too. Merry Christmas to all!

jlphotog

Since I was a peak virgin this year I have nothing to compare it to, but I will say, yesterday (Friday) when my alarm woke me up, my body said, are kidding me?!

However now that for the most part it is over, thinking back on the last few weeks, I had fun. (If you think I'm nuts, just refer to my sig line.) I have not worked that hard in a very long time. Even though I am totally exhausted I feel very alive. Plus my brown pants are way to big on me now.

rocket88

Best peak ever! Been out on comp since last part of November.Physical rehab has been painful and slow. I must admit there were times when I was wishing that I was on my route and not laid up. Overall though, the quality and quanity time I got to spend with my family makes it the BEST PEAK EVER!!!

A

Anonymous GearJammer

First peak they ever asked people if they wanted to go home when they showed up. Either it was the lightest peak in a long time here or excessive use of contractors. Kind of felt like a player standing on the side line begging to get in the game and help make a difference. Several fellow feeder drivers felt very alienated this peak not being allowed to get out on the road, but being made to sweep out trailers and stack pallets 6-8 hrs due to lack of work. Defiantly agree with over9five about peak starting Tuesday and running to Thanksgiving. Good Work to the rest of you that busted your a** to get the job done.

jlphotog

Those of us around here that put in a good honest effort and showed up during the peak season were allowed to punch out when we got back last night. Those that were questionable were sent back out with 10-15 stops. Made all the hard work worth while. I had a lot fun at the local bar with drivers, sups, office workers and former sups.

A

Anon

We were told by our management team Friday that our center had the most delivery stops Thursday than all the other centers in the country. Don't know wether that is true or not.

MR_Vengeance

United Parcel Survivor
Best peak ever! Been out on comp since last part of November.Physical rehab has been painful and slow. I must admit there were times when I was wishing that I was on my route and not laid up. Overall though, the quality and quanity time I got to spend with my family makes it the BEST PEAK EVER!!!

sounds like some1 i knew:laugh:

beatupbrown

man I had 32 yrs of driveing I would go to feeders before you have your back go out.And If you can retire why are you still working?

Griff

man I had 32 yrs of driveing I would go to feeders before you have your back go out.And If you can retire why are you still working?

2 years too long or 32 years too long according to most of this forum :wink:

Definitely a lot of respect goes out to you for putting in that kind of time. I have severe questions whether my body will agree with this job much past my 15 year anni.

As for peak...it wasn't bad, never exceeded 300 stops, came close on the 21st though.