How Do I Charge My Phone From The DIAD Charger

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I left my backup battery at home today and I tried to charge an iPhone 8 using the USB slot in my DIAD charger. It’s not charging and I get this message:

E1C4E5E8-265C-483E-A282-5E2B88A143C6.jpeg

RTCD

Pretty sure it won’t charge a phone; only something simple like a Bluetooth speaker. Even then it’s only just enough charge to keep the speaker on (and only charges while the engine is running unless the mechanics have wired the cradle to always be “on”).

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Yeah I’d be surprised if it was Apple friendly. It does keep my Bose speaker charged all day though. Doesn’t really add charge it just maintains the battery.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I have heard of drivers being able to get a slow charge for a phone but I don’t have a software driver if that is what I need as in the Error message. I couldn’t find anything in the DIAD settings.

Indecisi0n

I have heard of drivers being able to get a slow charge for a phone but I don’t have a software driver if that is what I need as in the Error message. I couldn’t find anything in the DIAD settings.
In all honestly I wouldn't plug my phone into their cradle . Anytime you plug your phone into another device there is information transfer and I don't trust anything UPS .

Last edited:

rod

Retired 22 years
Yeah!

We had to use alligator clips.
I went many many years with those old alligator clips. I still have my old boom box I used to connect up to a hot wire under the dash everyday after I left the building. I lost track of the times I was warned about hooking up to UPS power.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I went many many years with those old alligator clips. I still have my old boom box I used to connect up to a hot wire under the dash everyday after I left the building. I lost track of the times I was warned about hooking up to UPS power.
Because of this:

proxy.gif

rod

Retired 22 years
I was accused of that once when every wire in a P800 I was driving melted and went up in smoke. Out of shear luck my radio wasn't even in the truck that day. I had taken it in to a repair shop to have it worked on. A team of about 5 suits met me at the building and was hunting for blood until I opened the hood and showed them where a main wire had shorted out causing it to start a chain reaction. What ever it was they sent me on my way (with a smile on my face).

oldngray

nowhere special
I was accused of that once when every wire in a P800 I was driving melted and went up in smoke. Out of shear luck my radio wasn't even in the truck that day. I had taken it in to a repair shop to have it worked on. A team of about 5 suits met me at the building and was hunting for blood until I opened the hood and showed them where a main wire had shorted out causing it to start a chain reaction. What ever it was they sent me on my way (with a smile on my face).

Lies!

According to Dave that could never happen.

I guess the couple of times I saw cars catch fire when they were parked inside the building never really happened.

rod

Retired 22 years
Lies!

According to Dave that could never happen.

I guess the couple of times I saw cars catch fire when they were parked inside the building never really happened.
Our building burned TWICE with package cars starting on fire in the middle of the night.