How do I know what is in the new bargaining agreement?

voodoolord

Trailer Maggot
Ive been looking on the IBT website and cant find a document that shows what we are negotiating for. I know that In 1972 when our center was built they started people at $7.50 an hour, now were starting at $8.50 35 years later with only 50 cent raises a year. we are hardly being represented as part time workers as far as Im concerned. Yes I love my medical benefits and I dont like being negative about who I work for but We are realy getting the shaft as far as the wage scale for part timers goes. we should at least get one dollar a year since we start out so low.
Anyway how do I find our current contract and the new contract being negotiated?

JustTired

free at last.......
As far as the new contract goes......don't worry......you'll (or should I say we'll) be the last to know.

It's great when something as important as this, and that will affect our lives so much, is kept from us. If the negotiating committee is headed down the wrong path, how can we object if we have no idea what that path is? Evidently, we have had our chance at input. Now all we'll be able to do is vote no or yes. Of course, it could be like 97 and we won't even get the chance to do that. Time will tell.

Big Babooba

Ive been looking on the IBT website and cant find a document that shows what we are negotiating for. I know that In 1972 when our center was built they started people at $7.50 an hour, now were starting at $8.50 35 years later with only 50 cent raises a year. we are hardly being represented as part time workers as far as Im concerned. Yes I love my medical benefits and I dont like being negative about who I work for but We are realy getting the shaft as far as the wage scale for part timers goes. we should at least get one dollar a year since we start out so low.
Anyway how do I find our current contract and the new contract being negotiated?
Back when I was hired (1978), a part timer made .35 an hour less than a driver. Inthe early 80's a new rate went into effect for p/t employees - $8.00/hr and $9.00/hr for sorters and preloaders. We older employees were red circled (bullseyed). After these rates went into effect they had to put in a revolving door for part timers because the employee turn over rate was terrible.

#1angelfan

i heard, and i don't know if it is true, but they are trying to bump up the starting rate to 10.00. i still don't think this is enough money for the amount of hard work that everybody does. we also have a high turnover rate in my building as well.

JohnnyPension

Nice picture #1angelfan.

Seems the only info we ever get during negotiations are rumors of things to test the waters and to see how workers react.