How do I secure a package even though it's addressed under another person's name?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
No. Don't ask how I know this🙄

23808234-4280-45E1-9576-94E7963DDA5F.gif

rickyb

Middle class affordable housing has been gone from Toronto for a looooong time. The only way people could afford houses in the city for the last 20 years is if you could turn the basement I to a 600 ft² rental for $1,100/mo or more.
yea housing went wacko around 2000. maybe that coincides with them lowering interest rates after 9/11

RMR46

I want to order a very expensive item but my credit card's credit limit is impeding my ability to order big things. So I have to turn to my mother and her credit card to get my item shipped to my home address.

We both live together at the same house (I'm an adult child), but I need to know something in regards to ordering stuff (and I reside in Canada): How do I acquire the package from the post office that's meant for me even though it's addressed and written under my mother's name? Because I'm not sure if anyone else experienced this, but should the writer/requester of the package die/perish/lose their life in an accident of some sort just before the package addressed to you arrives, how can you acquire the package even though it was written under your parent's name? Whether it's held at Canada Post or UPS Canada?
Cross your fingers . Hope for the best