How do they do it?

Jim Kemp

Do you ever wonder how some of the people on your route can order from QVC everyday? I have one cust. that I bring at least one and as many as ten QVC pkgs everyday all year long. The people have a 4000 sq ft house, just put in a pool, wife drives a BMW he drives a hummer or his refurbished 1965 pick up. And the real kicker is he is home everyday when I get there, no matter what time that might be.
I hear other drivers say that they have cust. that get up to 10 QVC pkgs everyday. I had a cust that lived next to a gift shop and she got more pkgs than the gift shop, she was the real QVC queen, I had days that I would bring her 20 to 30 pkgs some days. Now she gets nothing. I think her husband cut her off the old credit cards
How do they do it? and what am I doing wrong?

helenofcalifornia

And the kicker is that they NEVER open up all their packages from QVC!!!! I know there must be a 12 step program for these people and that we should understand it is a disease. Mo' money, mo' money, mo' money for UPS as long as these people are out there!!!

A

Anonymous EX-DRIVER

I thought UPS lost money on those deliveries? I order from Amazon 2 or 3 times a week and get deliveries at work (my bar). I enjoy a quick word with the driver, and thank god I'm not in his shoes anymore. I quit driving a month before 9/11.

rod

Retired 22 years
I made the mistake one time of jokingly asking my QVC queen if she stayed up all night ordering stuff. She called in a complaint on me to Atlanta. I got reamed a new you know what and had to personally appoligize to her in front of my center manager for being so "rude". Needless to say I never said another word to her for the rest of my career even though for some strange reason she acted like I was suppose to be her best friend. Biotch!!!!:happy2:

Phil800101

I load a truck where one customer gets at least two things from QVC everyday. One day she got over thirty. Tuesday it was at least fifteen.

JustTired

free at last.......
I made the mistake one time of jokingly asking my QVC queen if she stayed up all night ordering stuff. She called in a complaint on me to Atlanta. I got reamed a new you know what and had to personally appoligize to her in front of my center manager for being so "rude". Needless to say I never said another word to her for the rest of my career even though for some strange reason she acted like I was suppose to be her best friend. Biotch!!!!:happy2:

That sounds awfully familiar. Oh yeah, I did the same thing with similar results.

Don't know how much UPS makes off of QVC.........but it sure makes those businesses in "communist China" real happy.

I don't know where some of these people get their money. All I know is that I'm too busy making a living to ever get rich!

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
We have one lady that's so addicted that we pull the QVC pkgs and RTS them before they hit the trucks. We would deliver them to her and she would take them all to the local pack n ship and send them back unopened. I wonder why QVC would keep sending them. Maybe when LTD Commodities and Avon start using tape I'll have all the answers. BM

25yrvet

This is the way our society is anymore. People are looking for happiness in material things--that gives temporary (sp) happiness; but the newness wears out & we need some other new thing.
Go home, love your family, and get outta debt so you can get outta browns sooner.

Homoudont

There used to be a bug in the QVC system that would allow you to order items... then cancel them right away. And they would still ship, without charging your credit card. I know there was Lady that got nailed for Fraud for doing this and selling the items on Ebay.

But yeah, I have someone who lives on my block that got packages everyday when I had that split on my truck. Made me wonder where she got all the money from.

Tony31yrs

One customer counter guy was telling me that there was a lady that brought QVC in to ship back every week. She told him that her husband only allowed her to spend $3000/week and she had to send anything over that back. Hell, with an expense allowance like that, I would marry the guy.

wily_old_vet

Had a elderly lady that got 10 to 20 per day. Finally her daughter came up to me and told me just to RTS anything that came in from QVC, that the lady was mentally competent enough to order. Very sad. She died shortly afterwards.

They probably order all that crap for the double horn honk. They get a horn honk on TV when the buy it and they get another horn honk when you pull up to deliver it.

gumbybros

About 12 years ago I had a QVC customer get about a half dozen pkgs., the next day about 15, the next day even more. On the fourth day I had over a hundred. The man of the house came out and asked if he could refuse all of them. He said this is what happens when three lonely old ladies go on a "toot". (his words) They got drunk watching QVC and must have ordered everything they saw until they maxed out their credit cards.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I had one customer in particular who would receive QVC every day. I would deliver QVC and she would be watching QVC while on the phone with QVC so I knew I would be back the following day. I am no longer on that route but the new driver says that the only change is that she is on her laptop, not her phone.

Hangingon

I've got one in my townhouse area. I deliver at least 5 a day with the max single day delivery being 26. The entire front room is a mound of yellow bags about 5 feet high and lately the pile has taken over the hallway. I swear she hasn't opened a single package.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I have at least 2 dozen daily QVC stops. A few of them I have made the comment "You know there are other channels on TV, right?" thye usually give me a chuckle and tell me they will see me tomorrow.

Jim Kemp

One of the neighbors of a QVC queen told me the Queen had the QVC logo burnt into her tv screen because it was always on. He said that if you changed the channel you could still see the QVC logo.

old brown shoe

30 year driver
I like QVC they are usually small and light weight. I have a few that I deliver to everyday. One lady gets so many clothes envelopes that sometimes I will fill a few smalls bags with all of them.:peaceful:

satellitedriver

Funny how topics come up.
Just today I was talking to customer about the QVC addicts on my route.
When I told them that 20% of my deliveries(pkg wise) were QVC, they were astonished.
One of them asked me, "What do you call them? Do you make up funny names based on QVC?"
The only answer I had was that we call them the QVC ladies.
Reading this thread got me to thinking.
Do y'all have a pet name for these addicts?
Off the top of my head, Quit Viewing Cable came to my mind.
PAX