How do you get a raise?

Joelbaker

When I first started they gave me a paper about the job and on it was information about pay which stated I get a raise after 3 month propagation ends and then every 6 months after that.

After passing probation I come to find out that paper was of an old contract so I won't be getting a raise but I started out being paid more than the people from the older contract so that's fine whatever I'll get a raise once I pass a year probation they told me

Back in January I received a raise only because the minimum wage in my city had risen so my pay increased a dollar which was cool and kept me going to complete my year

I completed a year a few weeks ago and was eager to get my check with the new wage on it but it was still them same to my surprise and disappointment. I talked to my shop steward about it and he now is telling me I don't get a raise because the minimum wage hike and I'll only get a raise once it goes up again next year.

Am I being screwed with or what? Will I only be able to make minimum wage forever??? I've talked to some of the guys who've been there for years and they got higher wages as the years passed why would my pay always stay at the minimum how does anyone get a raise at ups???

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
You can sleep knowing that your co workers across the country are making less then you. Your city has increased the minimum wage higher then what ups pays

NXA

Get your copy of the contract from the same steward who failed to explain it the first time. Look up your progression, Art 22, Art 52 in the supplement. When the contract rate is bigger than the minimum rate, you'll see the contract rate in your paycheck.

NonDeliverOtherMissed

In my building, when I worked inside got an extra dollar raise if you take the sorters tests....even if u weren't put in the sort isle u can take the test and get the raise.

NXA

In my building, when I worked inside got an extra dollar raise if you take the sorters tests....even if u weren't put in the sort isle u can take the test and get the raise.
But if the skilled rate is still less than min wage? It will be interesting to see how this plays out. Glad I'm not there.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
When I first started they gave me a paper about the job and on it was information about pay which stated I get a raise after 3 month propagation ends and then every 6 months after that.

After passing probation I come to find out that paper was of an old contract so I won't be getting a raise but I started out being paid more than the people from the older contract so that's fine whatever I'll get a raise once I pass a year probation they told me

Back in January I received a raise only because the minimum wage in my city had risen so my pay increased a dollar which was cool and kept me going to complete my year

I completed a year a few weeks ago and was eager to get my check with the new wage on it but it was still them same to my surprise and disappointment. I talked to my shop steward about it and he now is telling me I don't get a raise because the minimum wage hike and I'll only get a raise once it goes up again next year.

Am I being screwed with or what? Will I only be able to make minimum wage forever??? I've talked to some of the guys who've been there for years and they got higher wages as the years passed why would my pay always stay at the minimum how does anyone get a raise at ups???
What's your city's min wage?

Cementups

Box Monkey
Every July 31st I inform my boss that if I don't get a raise the very next day that I'm going to quit. Amazingly they always comes through and I get a raise. I've been strong-arming them like this for 22 years now.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Every July 31st I inform my boss that if I don't get a raise the very next day that I'm going to quit. Amazingly they always comes through and I get a raise. I've been strong-arming them like this for 22 years now.
except when the new contract is not ratified.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity

I bet it's $11.52 there.
If I'm right about that minimum wage, you wouldn't get a raise until your 3 year anniversary (based on the union contract). I'm also assuming your local minimum wage isn't going up before then.
Unfortunately, there are no 'sorter pay' jobs in the automated hubs.

Joelbaker

If I'm right about that minimum wage, you wouldn't get a raise until your 3 year anniversary (based on the union contract). I'm also assuming your local minimum wage isn't going up before then.
Unfortunately, there are no 'sorter pay' jobs in the automated hubs.
The minimum wage here is now 11.52 since Jan. 1st and it's set to go up a dollar every year. I'll definitely get a copy of my contract I had it in mind to do it a while ago but forgot. I'm just confused at how people reach the top pay of making 32 an hour or whatever it is and how some guys who've been there for 4 years make 14 now shouldn't we all be getting paid the minimum 11.52? Idk it's confusing with different contracts I'll be sure to ask for mine soon

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Rubbing the inner thigh.
What if they are really big and perhaps smelly?

upload_2016-4-5_7-7-57.jpeg