How do you guys pick stewards?

TheDick

In my bldg we votem no secret ballot, just pickem and if they say yes then orale. We may also vote a feeder driver from our bldg too.

On a side note. Per ur Weingarten rights if the center manager takes to the carpet to discipline you and takes some driver or pre-loader as a witness, that meeting will not count if you ask for a steward and none is around. My center manager hates a particular feeder cuz hes the aggressive type steward, so he tries to circumvent the sterward by grabbing a "witness"
Anyone else having this EXP lateley?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
In my bldg we votem no secret ballot, just pickem and if they say yes then orale. We may also vote a feeder driver from our bldg too.

On a side note. Per ur Weingarten rights if the center manager takes to the carpet to discipline you and takes some driver or pre-loader as a witness, that meeting will not count if you ask for a steward and none is around. My center manager hates a particular feeder cuz hes the aggressive type steward, so he tries to circumvent the sterward by grabbing a "witness"

Only the ones who are A Dick.

No hourly (union) should ever act as a witness. They have the right to refuse to do so and SHOULD do so. Have been asked in the past and told sup to go pound sand.

P.S it`s spelled STEWART

D

Dis-organized Labor

I'm in mgt, but what I've observed is that, if there is some guy that sounds like he knows what he's talking about he;s in. Four years later, he's out.
I hope the center manager issue you describe does not exist.
Let me know.

Big Babooba

No hourly (union) should ever act as a witness. They have the right to refuse to do so and SHOULD do so. Have been asked in the past and told sup to go pound sand.

P.S it`s spelled STEWART
Can a Stewart be named Stuart? Can a Stuart be named Stewart? How about Stewart the Steward? What if Stewart the Steward were on a ship? Would he be Stewart the Seaward Steward? What if he liked seaweed salad? Would that make him Stewart the Seaward Seaweed-eating Steward? What if you could divide a number by zero? What if.......:surprised:

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Can a Stewart be named Stuart? Can a Stuart be named Stewart? How about Stewart the Steward? What if Stewart the Steward were on a ship? Would he be Stewart the Seaward Steward? What if he liked seaweed salad? Would that make him Stewart the Seaward Seaweed-eating Steward? What if you could divide a number by zero? What if.......:surprised:

Steward Stuart salivates small sort side deals in Savannah

3 time fast..

D

Dis-organized Labor

These are the questions that I have pondered for many years.

If a UPS Steward is named Stuart and he is a Steward on a boat named "Steward" and the boat only sails to "Steward, AK" and the Captain's name is "Stuart"; and in fact: everyone on the boat is named "Stuart" or "Stewart:..............is there a prepoderence of..........blah....blah............

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
This happens everywhere members allow it to. If they do not assert their rights, there is absolutely no incentive for mgmt to do it for them. Wake up folks! Assert your rights every time or lose them one at a time!

D

Dis-organized Labor

This happens everywhere members allow it to. If they do not assert their rights, there is absolutely no incentive for mgmt to do it for them. Wake up folks! Assert your rights every time or lose them one at a time!

Why not just let the MGT people work it out for you??? Thay have the best interest of the Company and it's employees in mind. I don't get it?????????

TheDick

I'm in mgt, but what I've observed is that, if there is some guy that sounds like he knows what he's talking about he;s in. Four years later, he's out.
I hope the center manager issue you describe does not exist.
Let me know.

He does in fact exist. Have u ever dealt with a center manager that had to have it his way every time regardless of if hes right or wrong? We had to have a steward on vacation came into speak to driver group in front of center manager and tell all drivers their Weingartens. center manager told him he was on vaca and could leave now, he said it about 5 times but gave up.

rwsmith67

These are the questions that I have pondered for many years.

If a UPS Steward is named Stuart and he is a Steward on a boat named "Steward" and the boat only sails to "Steward, AK" and the Captain's name is "Stuart"; and in fact: everyone on the boat is named "Stuart" or "Stewart:..............is there a prepoderence of..........blah....blah............

In my years at UPS, I always requested a "STEWARD"!:peaceful:

D

Dis-organized Labor

He does in fact exist. Have u ever dealt with a center manager that had to have it his way every time regardless of if hes right or wrong? We had to have a steward on vacation came into speak to driver group in front of center manager and tell all drivers their Weingartens. center manager told him he was on vaca and could leave now, he said it about 5 times but gave up.

My only advice is to ask the center manager why he/she is not being fair.

I was worn down and eventually became a Teamster advocate.

On a personal level, keep me informed and I wil call this individual personally and talk to him. I'm only a Mgr in the Airline, but I'd happily help U out (BC is Powerful)

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Why not just let the MGT people work it out for you??? Thay have the best interest of the Company and it's employees in mind. I don't get it?????????

As funny as that is, I actually see a lot of rookies (and some seasoned old rookies) that believe it to be true. It would be great if it could be that way, but unfortunately, most center manager's and OC's are too worried about if they are setting the hard line example set forth by DM's and RM's. So we r all SOL's.

over9five

Staff member
Here, if you think you'd make a better [-]stewart[/-] [-]stuard[/-] [-]beef stew[/-] steward than the present one, you tell the BA. The BA shows up at your center and everyone votes by writing their choice on a piece of paper and throwing it into a hat. The votes are counted right there, and the winner is steward immediately.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Here, if you think you'd make a better [-]stewart[/-] [-]stuard[/-] [-]beef stew[/-] steward than the present one, you tell the BA. The BA shows up at your center and everyone votes by writing their choice on a piece of paper and throwing it into a hat. The votes are counted right there, and the winner is steward immediately.

If that was really how it worked, at least on the inside, then we would have a very different looking set of stewards. All stewards are appointed by S.S. - no voting- that is what HE told me personally when I showed some interest. Meaning, they are hand picked to sell out the co. rather than appointed to do so . :)