How do you guys pick stewards?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Dilligaf, My sup had a less senior driver scheduled to start before me. Please explain.

They will schedule some drivers to start early either to go to the airport or to unload, sort and help process the air when it gets back to the center. They will then schedule the rest to show up, load their pkg cars and go, usually an hour or so later.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Oh, thanks Upstate, mind went blank after the turkey dinner.

I have never had anyone complain about someone less senior starting before them on the Friday after thanksgiving. I would switch the drivers if asked to do so.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
They will schedule some drivers to start early either to go to the airport or to unload, sort and help process the air when it gets back to the center. They will then schedule the rest to show up, load their pkg cars and go, usually an hour or so later.
Exactly. My sup scheduled a less senior driver because in his mind (sup) the less senior driver had more experience in preload. Seniority be damned. My sup didn't think (imagine that) that I had the desire or experience (he hasn't been around here very long) to work as a sort for air tomorrow morning. Like our volume was heavy. 250 pcs expected. Silly man. :surprised:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Dilligaf, sounds like it was a win for all involved.:peaceful:
It was.
Especially for him. I am at the top of the list tomorrow. The driver that he put in early was at the bottom of the list. In between there were 4 other drivers. 3 of which I know for sure would have filed. It would have been at least 4 hours of pay he would have paid out for the seniority violation. Its fine with me. All I want is for him to be fair. So it works out.:happy2:

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Dave, there was a time that I would have been more inclined to agree with Sleeve on this. That time has gone, for now. I really hope it stays this way. We are slowly becoming more like what you have. It used to be that we had to fight tooth and nail to get decent treatment from mgt. With the sup we have now things have calmed down. It's like night and day.

My Fri schedule is a prime example. My sup had a less senior driver scheduled to start before me. I reminded him fri morning that he couldn't do that and the schedule was changed without any arguments. With previuos mgt it would not have been changed and a greivance would have been filed.

I hope you understand I was talking about the buildings within our local here in ENE/NNE, not necessarily in general or other areas, which I know nothing about obviously. Have a good rest of your Thanksgiving.