How do you guys pick stewards?

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
If that was really how it worked, at least on the inside, then we would have a very different looking set of stewards. All stewards are appointed by S.S. - no voting- that is what HE told me personally when I showed some interest. Meaning, they are hand picked to sell out the co. rather than appointed to do so . :)

Oh, brother here we go again:biting:

NHDRVR

Here, if you think you'd make a better [-]stewart[/-] [-]stuard[/-] [-]beef stew[/-] steward than the present one, you tell the BA. The BA shows up at your center and everyone votes by writing their choice on a piece of paper and throwing it into a hat. The votes are counted right there, and the winner is steward immediately.

2nd that...

tieguy

Banned
In my bldg we votem no secret ballot, just pickem and if they say yes then orale. We may also vote a feeder driver from our bldg too.

On a side note. Per ur Weingarten rights if the center manager takes to the carpet to discipline you and takes some driver or pre-loader as a witness, that meeting will not count if you ask for a steward and none is around. My center manager hates a particular feeder cuz hes the aggressive type steward, so he tries to circumvent the sterward by grabbing a "witness"
Anyone else having this EXP lateley?

If the steward is available the steward should be used.

If there is no steward available then a witness can be used. In a delivery operation its pretty easy because everyone starts at the same time. In a feeder operation there may not be a steward available in a specific time slot.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
If that was really how it worked, at least on the inside, then we would have a very different looking set of stewards. All stewards are appointed by S.S. - no voting- that is what HE told me personally when I showed some interest. Meaning, they are hand picked to sell out the co. rather than appointed to do so . :)

Never heard of a process that does not involve a vote, or at least a situation that could not be remedied by a new vote/petition. Do you have a majority of co workers that feel the same as you or are you alone in your view of the steward? If there is a majority, then you should be able to go upstream to get a new vote rather than an appointment, and keep going up until you do.
On the other hand if you are not in the majority and are just dissatisfied with your current steward you will have to wait until you have a majority, which if the job that is being done is that awful should not be such a long time.

A

anonymous6

This happens everywhere members allow it to. If they do not assert their rights, there is absolutely no incentive for mgmt to do it for them. Wake up folks! Assert your rights every time or lose them one at a time!

pardon for the sidetrack but that goes for the citizens of this country too.

Big Babooba

At our building we use 4 methods to pick our stewards:

1. Eenie Meenie Miney Mo
  2. One potato, two potato, three potato, four
  3. My mother and your mother were out hanging clothes
  4. Engine Engine number 9

:wink2:Works quite well

moreluck

golden ticket member
Thanks B.B. for providing that B.M. (brain movement) for my head. Now there's room up there to store more junk. This is how we used to say it..... Funny how these things just stick in your head.

Engine engine number nine
Coming down the Chicago line.
If the train should jump the track
Do you want your money back?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Never heard of a process that does not involve a vote, or at least a situation that could not be remedied by a new vote/petition. Do you have a majority of co workers that feel the same as you or are you alone in your view of the steward? If there is a majority, then you should be able to go upstream to get a new vote rather than an appointment, and keep going up until you do.
On the other hand if you are not in the majority and are just dissatisfied with your current steward you will have to wait until you have a majority, which if the job that is being done is that awful should not be such a long time.

Well the building I work in now is not really involved in the union, which IMO starts with the union representation. 80% of the employees do not even know what a steward is. Is it their fault? Yes, and no. Point being - it is hard to get a majority of anything on somethign they know nothing about, which also defeats the purpose of appointing a new steward, now doesn't it?

And the company just loves that -they do all our work and get away with it, change our start times daily without the week notice of start times (recently they have been posting 3 different start time "sheets" with different times on every one!) etc etc because the union is lying in bed with them.

These are the questions that I have pondered for many years.

If a UPS Steward is named Stuart and he is a Steward on a boat named "Steward" and the boat only sails to "Steward, AK" and the Captain's name is "Stuart"; and in fact: everyone on the boat is named "Stuart" or "Stewart:..............is there a prepoderence of..........blah....blah............
*********.. i looked up this "Steward , AK" and no such place.. but i did find "Seward AK. just south of Anchorage Ak. i think i can see Russia

Last edited by a moderator: