How do you read the timecard viewer punch time on upsers?

Furen

And no, I don't mean how do I get to the page. I'm asking how is the time read. For example, I'm guaranteed 3 and a half hours by the union and yet my time card has the numbers 1.52, 2.40 and 1.67. I know there is a special way of reading these numbers, but everyone tends to be very vague on the subject when I ask at work like they don't want me to know. Am I getting my 3 1/2 or do I need to complain?

WTFm8

60 minutes in an hour but on timecards hours are divided up by 100.

1.52 = 1hr 31min
2.4 = 2hr 24min
1.67 = 1hr 40min

You only have 3.5hr guarantee if you have your seniority in. That time depends on the local, and goes by work days, not calender days. Work days it’s usually 30, 40, 60, 70, and they’ll have how many calendar days that total has to be in, like 30 days worked in 90 calender days.

ALSO, the company doesn’t take it upon themselve to adjust the pay automatically. You have to tell your supervisor you want your 3.5 or you’re not going home. Next step would be tell a steward, then the business agent.

Furen

1.52 = 1hr 31min
2.4 = 2hr 24min
1.67 = 1hr 40min

You only have 3.5hr guarantee if you have your seniority in. That time depends on the local, and goes by work days, not calender days. Work days it’s usually 30, 40, 60, 70, and they’ll have how many calendar days that total has to be in, like 30 days worked in 90 calender days.

ALSO, the company doesn’t take it upon themselve to adjust the pay automatically. You have to tell your supervisor you want your 3.5 or you’re not going home. Next step would be tell a steward, then the business agent.

What if they say they don't have anymore work for me? Do I still get paid the 3.5 or am I out of luck? If at all possible, I'd like to avoid filing a grievance because I'm cool with my supe. I'd hate to have to make the work atmosphere ugly and uncomfortable by siccing a union rep on her.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
I suppose I'm breaking my back unloading thousands of packages of everybody and their grandmothers junk 6 days a week for the kicks and giggles. :rolleyes:
I knew it.
You don't understand what the pay guarantee means.
You have to ask for it.
If you leave without asking for your guarantee you don't get it.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I suppose I'm breaking my back unloading thousands of packages of everybody and their grandmothers junk 6 days a week for the kicks and giggles. :rolleyes:
You worked less than 1.5 hours. punched out and left work before making enough to even pay for gas!

Management is the enemy. They will take more and more if you do not act.
Our building. For almost a year prior to my hire date and continuing, would use text messaging to push back or even delay start times.
I did not provide my phone number and had to deal with multiple late reports and times when I showed up and started working when nobody else was there.
With some help from my shop steward, I was paid after filling out a paper timecard for whenever I showed up based on last week's schedule, according to our contract.

It seems some people forgot about their working garuntee. Make a difference. fix it.

JustDeliverIt

What if they say they don't have anymore work for me? Do I still get paid the 3.5 or am I out of luck? If at all possible, I'd like to avoid filing a grievance because I'm cool with my supe. I'd hate to have to make the work atmosphere ugly and uncomfortable by siccing a union rep on her.

And they will always be cool as long as they get what they want.

You will not be automatically paid the 3.5 hour guarantee. When they try to send you home after 2 hours, you have to tell them that you want your 3.5. If they say there is no work, then you ask them what would you like me to do to then until my 3.5 is up.

When I was on preload (not sure I saw what shift you are working) and requested my 3.5, they would have me go through trucks straightening them out and looking for misloads.

tadpole

You don’t have to ask for your guarantee. They have to ask you if you are willing to waive your guarantee. That would be called going home “Code 5” or “time worked”.
If you don’t want to cause a scene, you can have a civil conversation with your supervisor telling them you want your guarantee. If this doesn’t fix the problem, you’ll need to file a grievance to fix this.

specter208

It's pretty easy. Just multiple the decimal numbers by 60 and add back in the whole numbers

For example:
3.50 is 3 1/2 hours

Just take 0.50 x 60 = 30 minutes

Then add back in the 3 hours

Another example

4.25 is 4 hours 15 min

0.25 X 60 = 15 minutes

6.72 is 6 hours 43 minutes

0.72 X 60 = 43.2 minutes

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Why would it create a bad atmosphere you're owed3.5

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Is she hot?

H.E. Pennypacker

Mmm, Mombasa!

1.52 = 1hr 31min
2.4 = 2hr 24min
1.67 = 1hr 40min

How about how they interpret time. It says my start time was 3.83 end was

H.E. Pennypacker

Mmm, Mombasa!
Can someone explain start times like 3.83 and end times like 8.92
ApplicationFrameHost_2018-10-18_16-38-15.png

JustAnotherNewGuy

So if I punch in at 3.87 and 3.78 And the job start time is 0405, Why is it telling me the "*Indicates late for that day"? And on the other days (my first two days as a new hire when my trainer punched us in at 4.00), There's no indication of "late for the day"?