How does educational transfer work?

Turdferguson

Just a turd
I think we should be able to transfer like other companies. Here's the thing that people are overlooking, people argue about how seniority would screw a person who would be bumped by a transfer. It doesn't work that way now. If you do an educational transfer, only your seniority for pay and vacation carry over. Your building seniority gets reset so you loose bidding power. It could still work that way if we allowed non educational transfers and I'd be fine with that. Stop out of the box critics. With that being said I think we should be able to transfer, just as so many other companies do, so long as there's an available position in the area you prefer to go.
It has more to do with your pension than seniority. Different regions are under different pension plans

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
Say I have 15 years vested in Central states. I than transfer to another area. I keep my 15 year vestments with Central and now start building a pension under whatever new region I'm in. Say that I stay 10 years in the new transfer. Retirement would be a 15 year vested draw from Central and 10 year draw from the new location. It can be done

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
As of now, say that I'm retired with 30 year central state. Just because I move out of the region, doesn't mean I don't continue to draw from it. This can be done. All depends on how open minded we are and how they would draw up the procedure.

542thruNthru

I think we should be able to transfer like other companies. Here's the thing that people are overlooking, people argue about how seniority would screw a person who would be bumped by a transfer. It doesn't work that way now. If you do an educational transfer, only your seniority for pay and vacation carry over. Your building seniority gets reset so you loose bidding power. It could still work that way if we allowed non educational transfers and I'd be fine with that. Stop out of the box critics. With that being said I think we should be able to transfer, just as so many other companies do, so long as there's an available position in the area you prefer to go.

Actually it's not about seniority. It's about the pension.

542thruNthru

Say I have 15 years vested in Central states. I than transfer to another area. I keep my 15 year vestments with Central and now start building a pension under whatever new region I'm in. Say that I stay 10 years in the new transfer. Retirement would be a 15 year vested draw from Central and 10 year draw from the new location. It can be done

Pensions work differently in many areas. Where I am the amount of money you receive is not just dependent on the number of years worked.

Also I don't want you broke ass central states guys coming over and ruining my pension. Stay where you are.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
We have people who draw or built pension from both part time and full time. They get the credit that was vested from each.

They are 2 separate pension plans, but it's addressed in the contract.

There would have to be some sort contractual acknowledgment, recognizing the

combined years of service. Even as it stands now, unless you are at what the plan

determines as "normal retirement age" you would take a 6% rededuction

(per year) from each of the plans.

Also I don't want you broke ass central states guys coming over and ruining my pension. Stay where you are.

Don't worry.... you're safe.

:biggrin:

The only people in Central States that have to be concerned, are UPS members

that retired before 2008 and non-UPS participants.

-Bug-

ManInBrown

How would they keep employees in places like NJ where i live? Ridiculous cost of living with very little in return for your money. If i could transfer i would be gone tomorrow

542thruNthru

How would they keep employees in places like NJ where i live? Ridiculous cost of living with very little in return for your money. If i could transfer i would be gone tomorrow

California is the same but I can transfer to 11 different States. You'd be surprised how many people will stay.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
You are seeing fourty years of one party Democrat rule in action, sky high taxation with little return and no end in sight!

Before one party rule, NJ was a low tax state with plenty of opportunity for the middle class. We didn't even have an income tax.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
She applying to a school you don't have any transcripts so what do you provide that makes no sense
After she applies and gets accepted to the school....she would need to register for at least one class. When she fills out the UPS educational transfer paperwork....the employee needs to attach a copy of their class registration.