How does educational transfer work?

Jetboat1

I have actually transferred from one hub to another as a part timer. You fill out a form that you get from HR be careful there are two forms one for management which is done online and the one you want which is a piece of paper. HR might tell you it's online that's only for management. You also write a letter stating the reason for the transfer and provide some proof of education transfer like a class schedule or payment for classes. This is the bad part it is then reviewed by management and either accept or denied. You can guess if you are not a top notch employee it's a no go. So good luck! Remember you can always just apply at new location sucks to lose seniority but what can you do?

metalgraysolid

Hello! Part time transfer here.
To start i know this thread might be closed, but this is for anyone browsing this thread going into a transfer.

The process was simple as filling out a piece of paper and running around the facility to find the right person to sign the paper. The document HR provides on myHR pretty much tells you everything you need to complete the transfer as a part time employee, and what requirments they have.
From my experience though, i ran into alot of problems regarding the Union. You might transfer as a UPS employee, but your local union does not transfer with you, meaning you might have to apply to the local union and pay your 200 initiation fee again (Bull:censored2:, i know) and your paychecks might be screwed up for a week or two, though that one really depends on how well they handle the transfer. I am currently still paying a 5 dollar tax on the state i used to work in, but im getting that worked out here soon. Applying to this new union will also cause me to drop my pay down from my original pay, which is a big problem for me, which i am going to a meeting to dispute soon.

TL;DR it looks simple on paper, but we have a saying here; "Its UPS, things never go smoothly." You might run into a few problems and bumbs on your way so here are the things i wished i did before transfering, or things that have helped me when i did transfer.
Ask your managers, HR rep, and Union reps any questions you might have, and keep any documents or copies of documents you have accumulated during your transfer. Keep your old building managers number handy incase you need to reach him, and get to know your managers and union reps at your new building.

Hope this helps someone!

As far as the documentation is concerned there is nothing in the contract. Unfortunately it depends on the HR that runs your area. I don't think it's right that they require anything other than an acceptance letter to the college but that is usually the minimal requirement for most HRs. All I was required to show was an acceptance letter. Pay and vacations don't change but you definitely do drop to the bottom of the new building's seniority list.

To be honest it is all bull:censored2:. A transfer should be allowed regardless of college ambitions. And without loss of seniority. Short of someone transferring to a region/local that has a different pension a transfer should only be as complicated as the company or our union wants to make it. And THAT is what's happening. Yet, a transfer works flawlessly at other companies. Including our competition.
I hear that man I despise NJ and can’t afford to live here. But I’m stuck at my hub it feels like

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Hello! Part time transfer here.
To start i know this thread might be closed, but this is for anyone browsing this thread going into a transfer.

The process was simple as filling out a piece of paper and running around the facility to find the right person to sign the paper. The document HR provides on myHR pretty much tells you everything you need to complete the transfer as a part time employee, and what requirments they have.
From my experience though, i ran into alot of problems regarding the Union. You might transfer as a UPS employee, but your local union does not transfer with you, meaning you might have to apply to the local union and pay your 200 initiation fee again (Bull:censored2:, i know) and your paychecks might be screwed up for a week or two, though that one really depends on how well they handle the transfer. I am currently still paying a 5 dollar tax on the state i used to work in, but im getting that worked out here soon. Applying to this new union will also cause me to drop my pay down from my original pay, which is a big problem for me, which i am going to a meeting to dispute soon.

TL;DR it looks simple on paper, but we have a saying here; "Its UPS, things never go smoothly." You might run into a few problems and bumbs on your way so here are the things i wished i did before transfering, or things that have helped me when i did transfer.
Ask your managers, HR rep, and Union reps any questions you might have, and keep any documents or copies of documents you have accumulated during your transfer. Keep your old building managers number handy incase you need to reach him, and get to know your managers and union reps at your new building.

Hope this helps someone!
You also go to the bottom of the seniority list. Basically, you are a new hire if it's a new local.