How does FedEx stay in business?

Dterror

Seriously, how do they? They have the shoddiest delivery practices I've ever seen. I have never had good experiences receiving goods shipped via FedEx.

When I lived in an apartment building in a not so good part of town, a company that was shipping warranty replacement parts to me did so via FedEx. The package was simply dropped off in the middle of the apartment hallway for anyone to walk away with....and it did walk away. The company tried via FedEx twice more, and twice more the package walked away. They finally shipped it UPS and I received it.

Just today, I get home from the store and find 2 CARDBOARD boxes sitting outside IN THE RAIN. No protective covering, no notice that they tried to deliver and could not. No, the boxes were simply dumped in front of the house in the rain.

Experiences like this have taught me to never trust a shoddy company like FedEx for anything. They could offer totally free shipping no matter what and I'd still refuse to use them at this point.

oldngray

nowhere special
@Turdferguson can we borrow your baby? He's needed here.
6895e3_1.jpg

bacha29

Me. Dterror: Please understand this indisputable economic reality. There's cheap and there's economical. Right now we're just cheap.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Seriously, how do they? They have the shoddiest delivery practices I've ever seen. I have never had good experiences receiving goods shipped via FedEx.

When I lived in an apartment building in a not so good part of town, a company that was shipping warranty replacement parts to me did so via FedEx. The package was simply dropped off in the middle of the apartment hallway for anyone to walk away with....and it did walk away. The company tried via FedEx twice more, and twice more the package walked away. They finally shipped it UPS and I received it.

Just today, I get home from the store and find 2 CARDBOARD boxes sitting outside IN THE RAIN. No protective covering, no notice that they tried to deliver and could not. No, the boxes were simply dumped in front of the house in the rain.

Experiences like this have taught me to never trust a shoddy company like FedEx for anything. They could offer totally free shipping no matter what and I'd still refuse to use them at this point.
giphy.gif

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

I'm curious... If you know you live in a shady place and FedEx left it in front of your door the first time, WHY would you have it sent TWO more times without having either package held at a FedEx location where it was safe and you could pick it up??? Who is the fool here?

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Should the level of service provided be directly related to an hourly wage?

Kinda, but if this is ground or HD, wherever the driver gets paid by the stop instead of salary, he or she may risk a complaint because they dont want to have send agains.

Sometimes, gasp, they even forged a customer's signature to get rid of the parcel at the first attempt!

Eventhough i don't do that i understand why someone from this opco will take that risk... contractor still pays for these disputes or claims?

Turdferguson

Just a turd

What was in the package? Was it weed ? Did you neighbor steal your box of weed and that's what you are upset about?

Last edited:

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Ops, dterror didnt have that option to send it with a different carrier... looks like the shipper was to blame after dterror had complained upon the seller's deaf ears

Finally had a UPSer with common sense to either bring it to the leasing office or MC... dunno

Ground Schmuck

Let me offer my sincerest apologies to you. Let me get you a full refund. Oh I'm sorry, all I have a middle finger in my pocket.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Ops, dterror didnt have that option to send it with a different carrier... looks like the shipper was to blame after dterror had complained upon the seller's deaf ears

Finally had a UPSer with common sense to either bring it to the leasing office or MC... dunno
Except the recipient/OP could easily have called FedEx and had the package held for pick up at FedEx.