How does UPS not run out of new warehouse workers.

WTFm8

Same thing that happens everyday. Supervisors working. Can’t even grieve it. We have new building that opened in my district. Have had a lot of trouble staffing. Sups working everyday, all day. Talked to Stewart to see what the story was. They can’t staff the building. Nothing can be done.

WRONG. Management is to use union labor for ALL work inside.

Get with the drivers and have an ‘extra work’ sheet posted for drivers to volunteer for assisting preload up to 2hrs early or local sort for up to 2 hours after.

I bet a lot of buildings let PT & FT supervisors set up for the shift and set up scanners, roller lines, etc. That’s a breach of contract and can be grieved under supervisors working.

ManInBrown

WRONG. Management is to use union labor for ALL work inside.

Get with the drivers and have an ‘extra work’ sheet posted for drivers to volunteer for assisting preload up to 2hrs early or local sort for up to 2 hours after.

I bet a lot of buildings let PT & FT supervisors set up for the shift and set up scanners, roller lines, etc. That’s a breach of contract and can be grieved under supervisors working.
No package routes in this building. Feeder hub only.

3vu7mt2GtRMKQ.gif

WTFm8

No package routes in this building. Feeder hub only.

Look at your supplement? Central PA has a ‘Work as Directed’ article for feeder drivers. The last building manager tried to threaten with gross insubordination when I refused to do something, said working as directed is in the contract. He didn’t believe me when I said it is worded for feeder drivers, not package/inside work.

Heck, feeder drivers aren’t even aware of it and when I tell/show them they’re shocked... but they don’t have to worry about it being imposed because management is/plays dumb when it comes to the contract.

5723D18E-3BB8-465C-853B-3637C3B2C407.png

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Look at your supplement? Central PA has a ‘Work as Directed’ article for feeder drivers. The last building manager tried to threaten with gross insubordination when I refused to do something, said working as directed is in the contract. He didn’t believe me when I said it is worded for feeder drivers, not package/inside work.

Heck, feeder drivers aren’t even aware of it and when I tell/show them they’re shocked... but they don’t have to worry about it being imposed because management is/plays dumb when it comes to the contract.

View attachment 228547
You better have 911 on speed dial if you try and make some these guys do any manual labor.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Job's not bad after a year and two.
Better healthcare, better funded pension than the FTers here, can pick any 2 weeks on the calendar for vacation.
Double shifting has been available for most of the year.

trickpony1

Could you imagine what they would say about working a PT sort.

Can you imagine what management will say when a feeder driver who is shrink wrapped in polyester, sweating balls working the sort and then...guess what...falls asleep during his drive back to his hub and kills someone?

I'm sure the opposing attorney would love it...

PT Car Washer

Can you imagine what management will say when a feeder driver who is shrink wrapped in polyester, sweating balls working the sort and then...guess what...falls asleep during his drive back to his hub and kills someone?

A 300 lb Feeder driver shrink wrapped in polyester watching a PT sup working the sort.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member

The real danger is the feeder driver going with a heart attack and/or a stroke within a couple minutes of breaking a sweat..

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Specifically loading/unloader jobs, when I worked at UPS I saw 8+ new hires drop within the first month. How do they not run out of people to hire to fill those crucial roles, especially during the holidays because once you quit I'm told you don't get rehired. It's alot of work for little pay depending where you are.

6093%2BAmerican%2BProverb%2B%25E2%2580%2594%2BThere%25E2%2580%2599s%2Ba%2Bsucker%2Bborn.png