How hard is it to learn a rural route?

WorknLateHuh

Been on RRoute since 2006. 1. Make friends with someone with a tractor.
2. Get phone numbers of as many addresses as possible.
3. Carry 5 gallon bucket and toilet paper.
4. Tow cable, shovel
5. Learn route inside out as well as where all the relatives, ex wives, husbands work and live.

Or just book off on snow days lol

rod

Retired 22 years
Been on RRoute since 2006. 1. Make friends with someone with a tractor.
2. Get phone numbers of as many addresses as possible.
3. Carry 5 gallon bucket and toilet paper.
4. Tow cable, shovel
5. Learn route inside out as well as where all the relatives, ex wives, husbands work and live.

6. Learn their dogs names.
7. Help them out if they are stuck.
8. Don't leave packages at mailbox just because you are lazy.
9. Say hi to them if you see them in town.
10. Don't "expect" a tip at Christmas (this isn't the big city).
11. If they do give you a cookie or some fruit cake you don't like-take it, say thanks and above all else don't toss it out the door
going down the driveway.
12. Double check before you leave their property that their family cats hasn't climbed on board with you.
!3. Remember- if you piss one of them off chances are they are related to a dozen more families on your route so expect the
worst.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
I think a monkey can do this job now. Its all right there. Maps with the stops. Follow a path. Now the new guys just cant do the DOK. That is the sticking point for most. They get harrassed on those. Most of ours quit. Just because they see how stupid they are. But, x Mas time they let them slide to qualify a few. Then after. We never see them again. Orion is why we can never strike again

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I think a monkey can do this job now. Its all right there. Maps with the stops. Follow a path. Now the new guys just cant do the DOK. That is the sticking point for most. They get harrassed on those. Most of ours quit. Just because they see how stupid they are. But, x Mas time they let them slide to qualify a few. Then after. We never see them again. Orion is why we can never strike again
What fantasy IE world do you live in?

Browntown2014

Dude Orion makes it harder to learn a route not easier.

Rack em

Made the Podium
One guy just started qualifying and I told him to turn orion off everyday. Only to turn it back on if they say something to him. I qualified before orion and ran that route a few months later when we got orion and it was a :censored2: show

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Really? You both must work harder, not smarter. I follow it stop for stop. Make money with less work. Doing the same amount of work as 15 yrs before Orion. Btw --by turning it off you are training the system how to do your route. Where the monkey comes in.
You're making our point for us.

Dr.Brownz

Are you paid by ups to come here and say these things?

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
It's been my experience that Orion works better on rural routes. I've managed to memorize a lot of number breaks just by paying attention to the pattern Orion wants me to take.

Cementups

Box Monkey

Did someone say monkey?!?!?!?

Dr.Brownz

Are you paid by ups to come here and say these things?

Im serious. The us goverment (fbi cia dhs and atf) have all made fake social netowrk accounts to influence public opinion. Other corporations have done it...why wouldnt ups do it too?

Again why wouldnt a company that is obsessed with looking good for shareholders put out propoganda to influence opinion?

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Im serious. The us goverment (fbi cia dhs and atf) have all made fake social netowrk accounts to influence public opinion. Other corporations have done it...why wouldnt ups do it too?

Again why wouldnt a company that is obsessed with looking good for shareholders put out propoganda to influence opinion?

Paranoia it will destroy ya.

I know Orion is :censored2:. That's why I don't turn it off. I'm no longer paid to think for them. So I dont