How is amazon prime week for everyone?

Nj187

Prime Week was as expected. 2017 casual. I was driver trainer march 2018. Wanted union work but caved to benefits asap. Trained casuals who got made. My reward last feb. preload purgatory. My 17 yea rpreloader makes 23 an hour I make 26. So cons and pros. Depends as you will. I had No training and run my own line. I have another sup who works w me sometimes and he takes it way too serious lol. Smart scan. If belt gets backed up. Is what is. No discipline occurs. Nothing happens.when drivers finish PCM. All gets finished.

Nj187

All I can say. My area. Upper management never questions me about grievances cuz they know why I did what did. And union guys deliberately not “smart” scanning packages. Nothing happens and they know. Work gets done end of day. My guys/gals know that. Not once ever got called about misloads/scan percentages/or grievances. Been on preload six months. Just saying. People Wana. BAsh company. A lot rotten eggs in general everywhere but this company isn’t that bad,but since worldwide. I know varies. My area. They give a lot leeway

badpal

I'm guessing you're in a small building. Probably 80-90 drivers?

A center to me is a office with a center manager, on road sups, a dispatch and a few oms. Also 60-100 drivers.

Each center in our buildings has at least that. Your building is a center because it's probably one center. I'm guessing the center also has a name like "packageville" center right?
No disrespect, but you must live in a totally different Ups world. The monster centers out here run 25 or 30 routes.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
Weird. I've been on this board for like 6 years and have never heard this before. All of our buildings in my district is one center.

I assume this center labeling is just because there's too many drivers in the particular building to be managed and dispatched by one team. Nothing like that up here.

"Packageville" LOL, was that a joke? Our centers are just named after the city/town.

A hub runs multiple sorts and has feeders domiciled there.
Hubs contain multiple centers.
Maple Grove is a Hub. Has 2 centers now, had 4 centers when I was working...they combined centers to reduce Management numbers.

What'dyabringmetoday???

Prime Week was as expected. 2017 casual. I was driver trainer march 2018. Wanted union work but caved to benefits asap. Trained casuals who got made. My reward last feb. preload purgatory. My 17 yea rpreloader makes 23 an hour I make 26. So cons and pros. Depends as you will. I had No training and run my own line. I have another sup who works w me sometimes and he takes it way too serious lol. Smart scan. If belt gets backed up. Is what is. No discipline occurs. Nothing happens.when drivers finish PCM. All gets finished.
Thank you for everything that you do. Lol.

dudebro

Lol even our smallest building out here has 2 centers in it. We have a building with 4 centers.

Never seen a 1 center building.
In my old district alone, North Atlantic, out of 36 buildings there are 10 of them, 3 are in NYC (Queens North, Staten Island, and Ocean Hill). It's a common setup to have 70 drivers in one building with one center manager.

542thruNthru

I’am talking about me your wife and the lesbians

download.gif

PT Car Washer

The District had to call in management from all over the Midwest to help bail us out because we are so far behind. I am sure that and the air shuttle not making it to the airport on time one day last week. With over a thousand air pieces being returned to the building. Does not make us look very competent to our new District managers in Minnesota.