How is amazon prime week for everyone?

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
I imagine you're kidding unless it's 400 stops in one skyscraper. There's no truck that could even hold that many stops unless it's one package per stop.
During peak we have drivers go out with 400 plus stops all the time. I personally have gone out with 443 stops it was a full 12 cube but you make it work.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I heard on the radio this morning that Amazon got something like 175 million orders in two days. Still a normal day on my route, Amazon delivers a lot of their own stuff on my area.

oldngray

nowhere special
I heard on the radio this morning that Amazon got something like 175 million orders in two days. Still a normal day on my route, Amazon delivers a lot of their own stuff on my area.
Same here. One Amazon warehouse nearby and 2 others not that far away. I see them using their own drivers to deliver a lot more stuff.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
During peak we have drivers go out with 400 plus stops all the time. I personally have gone out with 443 stops it was a full 12 cube but you make it work.
Thank god we only have like 2 subdivisions in the whole center that you can do 25+ stops an hour in.

JL 0513

It's hard to fathom how that works. Areas are so different. I'm in the densely populated Northeast and the most stops I've ever seen a route do during peak is about 275. We typically see 200-250 during peak. Our routes average 150 the rest of the year.

MattM

Yesterday had more Volume than today, so I'm happy with that downturn. We're still pushing out double the volume as the 5-10 year non peak established norm. It's been like this since March, maybe April. Amazon came in and said 'friend the norm. This is the new normal. '

My airport building is pushing out more empty ULDs to be refilled than ever before. Once or twice a week we used to just send a totally empty plane back to destinations. Not anymore. We're giving them empties to be refilled. That's when you know it's rough. When they're hurting for empties from our building , plan for the worse

Jstpeachy

Wonder how much this directly correlates to the uptick in Amazon bashing I’m seeing on Facebook and Twitter.
I worked customer service for Amazon logistics for awhile- customers hate it. Typical day of calls was full of driver complaints, misdelivers and drivers calling that seemed to have never been trained or used google maps in their life.

The gist from customers was wanting an option to remove amazon as a carrier lol.

Box Ox

I worked customer service for Amazon logistics for awhile- customers hate it. Typical day of calls was full of driver complaints, misdelivers and drivers calling that seemed to have never been trained or used google maps in their life.

The gist from customers was wanting an option to remove amazon as a carrier lol.

AMZL was a cart full of pop poo on fire when it first started delivering to my area. If I saw an Amazon order was coming AMZL I knew it would be misdelivered. My orders were regularly replaced.

It’s since improved as more Prime vans have descended upon my area. The biggest problem now being that their delivery folks can’t seem to place a box on my front porch rather than launch it through the air about 60% of the time. Have received “Hope you don’t have anything fragile in that box” texts from neighbors while away.

Jstpeachy

AMZL was a cart full of pop poo on fire when it first started delivering to my area. If I saw an Amazon order was coming AMZL I knew it would be misdelivered. My orders were regularly replaced.

It’s since improved as more Prime vans have descended upon my area. The biggest problem now being that their delivery folks can’t seem to place a box on my front porch rather than launch it through the air about 60% of the time. Have received “Hope you don’t have anything fragile in that box” texts from neighbors while away.

When I worked the call center they basically signed up for a 4 hour block of delivery time and that’s what they got paid whether it took 2 hrs or 8... so I can’t imagine them giving much care to service. Lol