How is amazon prime week for everyone?

oldngray

nowhere special
Lol even our smallest building out here has 2 centers in it. We have a building with 4 centers.

Never seen a 1 center building.
I have seen a couple of extended centers with 1 but most had 3 or 4. With moving routes around and new buildings opening I have seen as few as 2 (in a normal building) and as many as 6.

542thruNthru

How bout just 1 Belt right down the middle. Nothing more

Our smallest building has 2 large belts going down the middle of each center.

Biggest (in San Diego) has 10 pens a belt and a pick off for each. I think its 27 cars on each pen and they have some MDUs outside for the cars that don't fit.

542thruNthru

I have seen a couple of extended centers with 1 but most had 3 or 4. With moving routes around and new buildings opening I have seen as few as 2 (in a normal building) and as many as 6.

We have one building that's pretty large and it has only 2 centers. I think they were planning on expansion but it just never happened.

Jstpeachy

Random question for other preloaders- everyone else seeing minimal volume from start time to break then swamped from break to wrap up? Almost seems like the staff is doubled after break unloading the trailers.

542thruNthru

Random question for other preloaders- everyone else seeing minimal volume from start time to break then swamped from break to wrap up? Almost seems like the staff is doubled after break unloading the trailers.

Trailers are probably arriving late. Not much to unload the first half so volume isn't as high. Then second half they are trying to play catch up to go down at the time frame Corporate wants and you get slammed second half.

That would be my guess.

Jstpeachy

Trailers are probably arriving late. Not much to unload the first half so volume isn't as high. Then second half they are trying to play catch up to go down at the time frame Corporate wants and you get slammed second half.

That would be my guess.

Ahh. That makes sense. It’s frustrating to be sitting there with one package every 5 minutes then suddenly so much volume boxes are forced off the belt because it’s backed up for the last 2 hours. I know our air is consistently 60-80 minutes late.

542thruNthru

Look at his special grip though. You wouldn’t stand a chance

Look at @burrheadd putter so he doesn't have to bend over as much.
91493799.jpg

542thruNthru

What am I missing here? A center is a building, a building is a center. What is a "center" to you?

I'm guessing you're in a small building. Probably 80-90 drivers?

A center to me is a office with a center manager, on road sups, a dispatch and a few oms. Also 60-100 drivers.

Each center in our buildings has at least that. Your building is a center because it's probably one center. I'm guessing the center also has a name like "packageville" center right?