How long did you drive before experiencing regular knee or body pain?

margaritaville

Ive been at UPS ten years but never been injured. Definately experience short term pains though. Knee, shoulder, etc. But if i reported them they'd just be all over my ass. So not worth it unless i physically cant work. And the pains usually only last a month and go away until a new pain comes up.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Ive been at UPS ten years but never been injured. Definately experience short term pains though. Knee, shoulder, etc. But if i reported them they'd just be all over my ass. So not worth it unless i physically cant work. And the pains usually only last a month and go away until a new pain comes up.

I've Been here 28 yrs. You need to find the source of the pain. I never go out the driver door. Had mechanic install a hook on my dash. For my seat belt. I felt I pitched 200 pitches. Reaching for the seat belt. My shoulder is much better

Future

Victory Ride
In the neighborhood of 30...... Broke a foot/ankle once......usual other small issues lower back etc ...small amount of time off

Rack em

Made the Podium
The one guy was one hell of a hockey player.....he continued to play ..... Into adulthood blew his knee up pretty bad.... Thank God for him his wife makes a ton of money
I have a co worker with the exact same scenario. I wonder if its the same guy :eek:

mrbrownstone

I'm definitely not making in this job through retirement. I'm 34 only driving a few years and recently got senority and already have pain in both knees.

I was never a sports person and had no knee issues before this job.

I went to the Rothman Institute and had a doctor basically tell me the cartilage is breaking down in my knees and there's not much I can do.

Fortunately, I do have a Bachelor's degree so when my body can no longer take it, I can move on.

It really sucks knowing I won't make it but another maybe 5-10 years but it is what it is.

3 done 3 to go

I'm definitely not making in this job through retirement. I'm 34 only driving a few years and recently got senority and already have pain in both knees.

I went to the Rothman Institute and had a doctor basically tell me the cartilage is breaking down in my knees and there's not much I can do.

Fortunately, I do have a Bachelor's degree so when my body can no longer take it, I can move on.

It really sucks knowing I won't make it but another maybe 5-10 years but it is what it is.

Bail now before your too invested

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You should always report all injuries immediately. The worst thing that you could do is remain silent and then call in the next morning to say that you can't work because you hurt yourself the day before.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Used to be all you had to do was mention it just in case and you were good. Know they go totally ape sh¥&* if you mention any possible injury.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer

Had both knees replaced so hopefully I can cross the finish line.

3 done 3 to go

You should always report all injuries immediately. The worst thing that you could do is remain silent and then call in the next morning to say that you can't work because you hurt yourself the day before.

Yes, but no. You have 10 days. Usually by the 2nd day you'd know how hurt you are. Just don't say it was days ago

gear-guy

40 years here, 30 driving going out next year. 1 patella tendon trashed playing volley ball in Mexico. Many aches and pains but lately the worst that has ever effected me is Carpal tunnel in my left wrist and elbow. With this closing the bulk head door is killing me. Of all things this is the last injury that I thought would bother me. Go figure.