How long have you been fired

R1wonder

Ok, so they have 15 days to come to a resolution/decision or it goes to panel. Which is discussed in Article 46.
View attachment 424257

Now as you can see panels handle discharges and suspensions
View attachment 424264
Now without having the rules and procedures can can not tell you how often they meet or if postponement is allowed.

For instance my area panels meet 1 week a month every month. So depending when the termination happens and how quickly they can meet. You could miss panel that month. Then in my area the company and the union both have 1 postponement. So you could easily be sitting for 2 months before going to panel. Then much longer if deadlocked and sent to arbitration.

Now with that said if people are waiting 3 or 4 months without going to panel then your local should be filing labor charges. I doubt the company is not having panels though. Local unions would refuse to show up to negotiations if discharges were not being heard because it would jeopardize their elected positions.
I believe it’s like 4 a year , and the next is either may or June . I feel bad for a few of my buddies , our stewards and BA are swamped with grievances , but as I said the main thing is labor is dodging them , not doing any meetings to get these drivers back

542thruNthru

I believe it’s like 4 a year , and the next is either may or June . I feel bad for a few of my buddies , our stewards and BA are swamped with grievances , but as I said the main thing is labor is dodging them , not doing any meetings to get these drivers back
Then the local needs to file charges for not following the contract. Though I will tell you that we have time frames in our contract like yours and members have filed charges but it's been ruled that the days are guidelines.

From what I hear we're actually trying to fix our grievance procedure and panel rules.

YeeYee

Thankfully, I’m not the one that needs help, but my building has an out of control manager. He has well over 50 grievances on him, he is firing drivers left and right and these guys have been out for a long time. With supplemental negotiating going on, everybody’s getting a run around because the Union is busy and the labor bosses are busy. . Any advice to give these guys ? Is there someone higher to call. Or are they just :censored2: out of luck . Contract states they have 15 days to make a decision, we have guys going on over a month.
Call the 1-800 number daily. Get a local number directly to HR.

Thebrownblob

Ok, so they have 15 days to come to a resolution/decision or it goes to panel. Which is discussed in Article 46.
View attachment 424257

Now as you can see panels handle discharges and suspensions
View attachment 424264
Now without having the rules and procedures can can not tell you how often they meet or if postponement is allowed.

For instance my area panels meet 1 week a month every month. So depending when the termination happens and how quickly they can meet. You could miss panel that month. Then in my area the company and the union both have 1 postponement. So you could easily be sitting for 2 months before going to panel. Then much longer if deadlocked and sent to arbitration.

Now with that said if people are waiting 3 or 4 months without going to panel then your local should be filing labor charges. I doubt the company is not having panels though. Local unions would refuse to show up to negotiations if discharges were not being heard because it would jeopardize their elected positions.
Yep here each side gets one postponement and that could be two months not including the first hearing

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Yep here each side gets one postponement and that could be two months not including the first hearing

There could also be a mutual hold, which would mean 3 postponement's.

That can happen on grievances during investigation.... but rarely on discharge cases, because

of any continuing liability on the company's part.

I had to postpone a discharge at the panel once, because the 22.3 grievant didn't show.

On an attendance case. At that point, the company's liability stops.

He showed next month and was reinstated.... with all time served as a suspension.

R1wonder

Well some good news , sounds like they’re doing a full day of meetings next week for these guys . About time . It’s been so long they’re already receiving unemployment checks . One guy was really gettin down on himself . Saying he was canceling all his vacations; I told him not to do that , he will be back. I have 19 years here, this manager we have is hands down the worst I’ve ever dealt with

542thruNthru

Well some good news , sounds like they’re doing a full day of meetings next week for these guys . About time . It’s been so long they’re already receiving unemployment checks . One guy was really gettin down on himself . Saying he was canceling all his vacations; I told him not to do that , he will be back. I have 19 years here, this manager we have is hands down the worst I’ve ever dealt with
Good to hear. Hopefully you guys can all band together and find a way to teach this manager a lesson about treating people right.

Foreshadowing

No I’m not clueless . I’m wondering if this has happened anywhere, and if anyone has went above their local BA to get things done . Again, I’m not the one out of work. I’m trying to help brothers out : more than this site does clearly
It is a fact that a lot of labor managers and business agents are in negotiations. As far as calling someone else if they are negotiating you and everyone else’s contract what do you expect? If they are entitled to backpay then they will get it.

R1wonder

It is a fact that a lot of labor managers and business agents are in negotiations. As far as calling someone else if they are negotiating you and everyone else’s contract what do you expect? If they are entitled to backpay then they will get it.
You’re a genius . It’s also a fact that they don’t have meetings every day . I’m aware of their supplement negotiations Dates . Are you on the companies side here ? I wasn’t bad mouthing the union . I said several times that labor is dodging them

542thruNthru

From experience.
So you've been fired and called the 1800 number or HR and told them they are not meeting with you soon enough?

Or

You've called on labor not meeting with discharged members soon enough?

Then the non existent HR told Labor that they need to meet... or was it the 3rd party 800 number that told labor they have to meet immediately?

Foreshadowing

You’re a genius . It’s also a fact that they don’t have meetings every day . I’m aware of their supplement negotiations Dates . Are you on the companies side here ? I wasn’t bad mouthing the union . I said several times that labor is dodging them
I gave you a very respectful reply and you try and insult me. Welcome to the. Brown Cafe. Same as it ever was.

YeeYee

So you've been fired and called the 1800 number or HR and told them they are not meeting with you soon enough?

Or

You've called on labor not meeting with discharged members soon enough?

Then the non existent HR told Labor that they need to meet... or was it the 3rd party 800 number that told labor they have to meet immediately?
Referring to his “out of control manager.”