How long have you been retired and how long did it take you "slow down"?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
You guys act like there's something wrong with relaxing. After you retire come back on BC and tell me you don't enjoy sleeping until YOU want to get up.

Okay ... I'll give you that one.
I know I will like that without having to retire.
Of course, most weekends I'm up before dawn getting to a place to shoot (photography) at sunrise.
This morning it was only 2 miles down the road so I got to sleep until 6:40.
Is that sleeping late?

texan

Of course, most weekends I'm up before dawn getting to a place to shoot (photography) at sunrise.
Is that sleeping late?

You and I are so alike in this. I have never slept past 06:00 AM.
Got to get up and do something. Photograpy is an excellent outlet.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You guys act like there's something wrong with relaxing. After you retire come back on BC and tell me you don't enjoy sleeping until YOU want to get up.

One of the things that I will not do when I retire is be on Brown Cafe. BC is primarily for active employees.

Last edited:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
One of the things that I will not do when I retire is be on Brown Cafe. BC is for active employees.

Hmmmm ... if I interpret this statement correctly, this is what you are saying?

Cheryl,
Will you and Tony please quit posting on Brown Cafe.

Cheryl is not an active UPS employee and neither is Tony.
Somehow, I don't think she agrees with you on this assertion.

P

pickup

One of the things that I will not do when I retire is be on Brown Cafe. BC is primarily for active employees.

Oh you will be here. There is no doubt in my mind. You post on many things that have nothing to do with UPS(not that there is anything wrong with that) . Somehow this addiction is going to break when you are no longer with UPS????? HO HO HO. We'll see.

You'll be like Rod, reminiscing about the days of the eight track player and the times when you had to actually had to use a key to start the engine of your package car.

You ain't going anywhere.

hembone

Is that sleeping late?
I got up last night before the sun came up to see Saturn, the great thing was it was because I wanted to. Believe it or not I still get up early a lot of the time, I think it's because I know I don't have to. The other night I woke up in the middle of the night with an upset stomach, it was a nice feeling knowing I didn't have to go work in the morning. No matter what your lifestyle your gonna love being retired. I hope the time you have left at UPS is happy for you, Hoaxster.

brownelf

I look forward to waking up late as much as you, my point was that I'm not going to plant my tail on a couch and watch Oprah. We all do different things to relax, most of mine involve things with motors that go fast which is what I was referring to. Just having the opportunity to do whatever you choose to do that day works for me.

P

pickup

Believe what you will.

BTW, you have made your point with Klein--time to move on. Dave.

if only you could have seen one of his posts referring to you before it got deleted, you would be joining me.

And when is this war between you and moreluck going to end?

rod

Retired 22 years
Oh you will be here. There is no doubt in my mind. You post on many things that have nothing to do with UPS(not that there is anything wrong with that) . Somehow this addiction is going to break when you are no longer with UPS????? HO HO HO. We'll see.

You'll be like Rod, reminiscing about the days of the eight track player and the times when you had to actually had to use a key to start the engine of your package car.

You ain't going anywhere.

He should be so lucky. He could never be like me---I've been a nice guy all my life and he's a _________.

rod

Retired 22 years
Actually one of the best things about being retired isn't that you can sleep as LATE as you want to---its that you can sleep WHEN you want to. One of the best feelings in the world is when you have one of those nights you just can't sleep and you realize its no big deal because you know there isn't a nasty alarm clock waiting for you. Oh and I hate it when I'm taking my afternoon siesta and that damn UPS guys rings my door bell.

hembone

I look forward to waking up late as much as you, my point was that I'm not going to plant my tail on a couch and watch Oprah. We all do different things to relax, most of mine involve things with motors that go fast which is what I was referring to. Just having the opportunity to do whatever you choose to do that day works for me.
I really kinda figured that's what you meant.

hembone

Actually one of the best things about being retired isn't that you can sleep as LATE as you want to---its that you can sleep WHEN you want to. One of the best feelings in the world is when you have one of those nights you just can't sleep and you realize its no big deal because you know there isn't a nasty alarm clock waiting for you. Oh and I hate it when I'm taking my afternoon siesta and that damn UPS guys rings my door bell.
I know what you mean. Have you found you have a harder time sleeping since you don't come home from work exhausted? Sometimes if I have a "lazy" day I won't be tired at bedtime (not that there really is a bedtime anymore).