How long?

swing_drv

How long does a accident stat in your record at ups. Tier 1 . And when you become full time , do you start with a clean record?

rod

Retired 22 years
Accidents stay on your record a day after forever.

I will add to that by saying that "EVERYTHING" stays on your record til the day after forever. After working there for at least 10 years I took a peak at my file and there was a little slip of paper in there that said- "______ was 2 minutes late for work so I explained to him the importance of being on time". The one and only time I was late for work was my second day at UPS when my alarm clock failed me.

rod

Retired 22 years
I could be wrong but I believe my second day of work was like Feb 22, 1971. Started as a part timer unloading the feeder. Within 4 months I was a full time driver and up to full pay 90 days after that. I hear things have changed.:peaceful: P.S. that would be 37 years ago :-)

feeder53

ADKtrails
The info a company has on a person would probably amaze you. And even if they are to purge the file we will say every year......They may be short of help and it stays around for a while. Here at my FT job, they have everything back to day 1.

UPS Lifer

The info a company has on a person would probably amaze you. And even if they are to purge the file we will say every year......They may be short of help and it stays around for a while. Here at my FT job, they have everything back to day 1.

You can ask to see your file and have it purged yearly. Disciplinary action and audit results should be purged yearly all other training can remain as long as the management team wishes. There is some info that cannot be purged. Check with HR.

Accidents remain in your file 1 year. Your record starts over at FT. Please make sure you verify that from your Safety department.

After 1 year the accident does not count against you. Until you get to 5 years of continuous safe driving you lose the years every time you have an accident. If you hit the 5 year mark (from your last accident) you only have to go 1 continuous year without an accident to add to your safe driving record of 5 years.

Here it depends on the type of accident and how severe. I lost 6 months from my total safe driving record for a roll over.But they kept the rewards on the same month, I actually lost a year by the time it was all said and done.

SmithBarney

I took a look at my file before I left.. it was empty, and I know for a fact it should have had something in it... oh well, good record keeping apparently wasn't important.

rod

Retired 22 years
That was the file they wanted you to see. The real one is hidden underneath that pile of boxes in the corner and it's full of your screwups:wink2:

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
So when USA Today shows a full page ad of Circle of Honor drivers the part that says "25 years without an accident" may not be totally true?