How many on area observations in one week is harrasment?

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
How many on area observations in one week is harrasment?
Because we can observe you as many times as we want......
I agree, as well. Observe away, but do me a favor and help me to be a better UPS'er, don't just knit pick me for the sake of knit picking.

UPSSOCKS

I would of told the manager that he's harassing me right to his face the 2nd time I was followed that week. I would then file a grievance and continue to file them everyday I get stalked on road that week. That's just me though and I'm a troublemaker/bad employee.....sooooo don't take my advice.

You got to live with yourself not us..

Last edited by a moderator:

UPSSOCKS

Labor can laugh all they want, the UPS legal team will be crying later. Grievances are nothing more than a way to permanently document things between the employee and the employer. I'm sorry you don't understand that little P/T unload sup.

No and no..... You work less hours than a high school student.. No one cares about your grievances.. You union representation even laughs at them behind your back.......... After they collect your dues.....

No and no..... You work less hours than a high school student.. No one cares about your grievances.. You union representation even laughs at them behind your back.......... After they collect your dues.....

You and tieguy both clearly don't understand the point of grievances. I could get into the reasons why both of you can't grasp the concept but my post would get deleted. It has nothing to do with crying or one-upsmanship on any level. Frankly, I don't care what it looks like to management or union reps. Laugh all you want -- all I need is the signature that it was received by management and then a conclusion with everyone's signature after it gets resolved in my favor. As for the hours comment, I'd be willing to bet a few grand that I work more hours than you or any manager on this board. What time did you leave on Friday?? 3PM?? Yeah, you work real hard there guy.

You got to live with yourself not us..

Who are you kidding? I sleep very well at night and can look at myself in the morning knowing my job doesn't consist of being a **********************.

I don't even know why I'm getting into a who works more argument, you clearly aren't of sound mind to believe the things you do. As a company with no product and only a service which basically consists of moving things from point A to point B -- it becomes pretty clear who does the real work at UPS and it ain't you. I have moved millions of pounds of crap and drove millions of miles over the years for this company -- I do more work in one day than you do in months. You are a professional thumb twiddler and everyone knows it.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Who are you kidding? I sleep very well at night and can look at myself in the morning knowing my job doesn't consist of being a ***********************.

I don't even know why I'm getting into a who works more argument, you clearly aren't of sound mind to believe the things you do. As a company with no product and only a service which basically consists of moving things from point A to point B -- it becomes pretty clear who does the real work at UPS and it ain't you. I have moved millions of pounds of crap and drove millions of miles over the years for this company -- I do more work in one day than you do in months. You are a professional thumb twiddler and everyone knows it.

If that were the case, everyone including myself would be after his job.

UPSSOCKS

You and tieguy both clearly don't understand the point of grievances. I could get into the reasons why both of you can't grasp the concept but my post would get deleted. It has nothing to do with crying or one-upsmanship on any level. Frankly, I don't care what it looks like to management or union reps. Laugh all you want -- all I need is the signature that it was received by management and then a conclusion with everyone's signature after it gets resolved in my favor. As for the hours comment, I'd be willing to bet a few grand that I work more hours than you or any manager on this board. What time did you leave on Friday?? 3PM?? Yeah, you work real hard there guy.

Actually you don't understand the point of greivances. Greivances are to make you feel better.. They are nothing more than a tool to help the healing process, when you feel you have been wronged. 99.9% of greivances don't matter to anyone. You can rattle off articles and they are nothing more than a slap on the wrist for a low level management person. You are living proof, that the union still can brainwash people. It's also very telling because the union is washed up and UPS controls it now. I don't work hard your right, I make you work hard for me... I golf on Friday, I like four day work weeks.... File away and I hope it makes you feel better.. After all that's why we let you file greivances, because we want you to feel good.

tieguy

Banned

you're right I don't understand people who proudly brag about being bad employees.Your bragging about being a crappy employee and your nickname here indicate you think uncle buster hired you because they needed an ****** to fill their quota. It really does not matter whether you think I understand the grievance process or not. you don't understand it. when you arbitrarily file as many as you suggest you discredit the grievance process to the point where no one takes your grievances seriously.

The reall danger for you is the day they do take your grievances seriously. The day they decide to hold you as accountable for your actions as you try to hold them accountable for theirs. your grievances are a nuisance to them and cost them money. Their grievance against you can cost you money and your job.

Just_another_day_at_work

Actually you don't understand the point of greivances. Greivances are to make you feel better.. They are nothing more than a tool to help the healing process, when you feel you have been wronged. 99.9% of greivances don't matter to anyone. You can rattle off articles and they are nothing more than a slap on the wrist for a low level management person. You are living proof, that the union still can brainwash people. It's also very telling because the union is washed up and UPS controls it now. I don't work hard your right, I make you work hard for me... I golf on Friday, I like four day work weeks.... File away and I hope it makes you feel better.. After all that's why we let you file greivances, because we want you to feel good.
I disagree.
The center that I was working a year ago, the sup is a complete $%#@. He did more than just intimidating people. He thinks he owns the company and he can run it his way. Now when a couple of grievances and statements went up to Labor (most of it harassment), he is got under the microscope. The guy has a RECORD for harassing people, he got quite since then. Now the way how the company runs either they move him or fire him next week.

UPSBluRdg03

Just always work like someone is watching you then when they actually are you have nothing or very little to worry about. Ive had 2 observations in 3 years. One of those just the other week. I spotted the sup before he even started observing me. He was coming down the road trying to find me as I was coming out. He followed me for my last 10-12 stops about 30-40 minutes. Got the usual marks for not blowing the horn when pulling up to a stop, not yelling out UPS at the door and walking threw the grass at houses. They are doing observations daily right now in my center. One guy obviously didnt know he was being watched last week and they got him not wearing his seatbelt, pulling nose into somewhere to deliver and not using signals. Old habits are hard to break but some just dont make sense.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Exactly - if you are observing someone, do it to improve safety and/or service.

But they arent improving safety or service.

The observations are typically done on drivers who are closer to the building and are easier to find.

The goal is not safety or service, it is to meet a quota and to allow the management person in question to generate enough reports, paperwork, and warning letters to justify their job and maintain the illusion that they are contributing something worthwhile to the company that cuts them a paycheck.

UPSSOCKS

I disagree.
The center that I was working a year ago, the sup is a complete $%#@. He did more than just intimidating people. He thinks he owns the company and he can run it his way. Now when a couple of grievances and statements went up to Labor (most of it harassment), he is got under the microscope. The guy has a RECORD for harassing people, he got quite since then. Now the way how the company runs either they move him or fire him next week.

Under a Microscope!!!!!!!! Oh no maybe they will make him stand in the corner... Are you happy this guy is under a micrscope????

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Just always work like someone is watching you then when they actually are you have nothing or very little to worry about. Ive had 2 observations in 3 years. One of those just the other week. I spotted the sup before he even started observing me. He was coming down the road trying to find me as I was coming out. He followed me for my last 10-12 stops about 30-40 minutes. Got the usual marks for not blowing the horn when pulling up to a stop, not yelling out UPS at the door and walking threw the grass at houses. They are doing observations daily right now in my center. One guy obviously didnt know he was being watched last week and they got him not wearing his seatbelt, pulling nose into somewhere to deliver and not using signals. Old habits are hard to break but some just dont make sense.

Very few rules are hard and fast with UPS, aside the obvious safety method ones such as seatbelt ,bulkhead doors, no pkgs inside vehicle, etc etc.

One on-car sup wants you to walk through the grass, walk through grandmas garden as it's a faster route. the next one wants you to walk the driveway.

One on-car wants you to fling the VSD or GAP bags to the front door and save 5 steps, the other reprimands you for it.

One on-car sup tells you to stop AT the white line at intersection, not ahead or behind. The next one marks you for NOT stopping 1/2 car length before it.

One on-car tells you to scan inside the truck at docks and let the recieving clerk(s) help you. The other yells at you, DO NOT SCAN INSIDE THE TRUCK, LAY THEM OUT AND THEN SCAN, PUSH, LAY THEM OUT/SCAN/PUSH.

Just a few actual real-world examples of the harrassment I have had the past few years while driving. I could go on and on. Your post definitly got me going!

Omega man

Yeah and that will work... Labor laughs at those, and the union can't do anything about it... Why don't you give him good advice... I will give you good advice.. Ready.. Ignore the supervisor and do the job correctly... Nobody in managent is allowed to turn in an multiple oberservations with perfect scores. It looks like a paper job and that is a no no... Do everything right and eventually they will give up...

Your Welcome

If it is accurate, then why not? This is the problem with UPS in a nutshell. You are basically being ordered by your bosses to fudge reports if need be. I've been with sups that have told me that they must find (make up) something that was done wrong. Management will never command any respect as long as they operate this way. UPS management's lack of ethics is causing many drivers to turn their backs to this company.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
If it is accurate, then why not? This is the problem with UPS in a nutshell. You are basically being ordered by your bosses to fudge reports if need be.

Yep. My all-time favorite (and this may only be in my district only, so bear with me) is we cannot sheet anything as 'closed' between the hours of 12p and 1p or after 5p because it will show up on a report as a service failure. So when I get to that dentist office over on Main St. that's closed all-day every Tuesday at 12:45pm, what do I do? Sit there for 16 minutes until I can complete the stop? Wouldn't want that being misconstrued as stealing company time. Do I continue on trace and at 1:01 pm, break off and come back, potentially wasting time and miles? I can't put it into pre-record and stop complete it down the road, the high-caliber individuals in security may notice and begin to question my integrity.

My gripe is that the company is forcing me to falsify their records. It's one thing if an office is closed all day as opposed to being out to lunch, but seriously, what do I do here? I'm at a stop, they have packages, they are not here. End of discussion as far as I'm concerned.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Get with your dispatch sup and have him flag that stop as closed on Tuesdays. The packages will not be in EDD or on your car. If that is not feasible, sheet them CLO HOL. That is what we are told to do here if the business is closed all day and the pkgs were not pulled from EDD during the preload. This way the business is not charged for a service day and you do not show up on a report. It seems that hair salons and dentists are the usual suspects.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Get with your dispatch sup and have him flag that stop as closed on Tuesdays. The packages will not be in EDD or on your car. If that is not feasible, sheet them CLO HOL. That is what we are told to do here if the business is closed all day and the pkgs were not pulled from EDD during the preload. This way the business is not charged for a service day and you do not show up on a report. It seems that hair salons and dentists are the usual suspects.

I'm a cover driver. I don't step on the regular driver's toes when it comes to their route. If they want to get with the dispatch sup and handle the detail of whats closed on certain days, that's up to them. Quite frankly, many of guys don't do it because they fear that they'll get more work on their car as a result, so they just take the free stop and deal with the packages being in their way for most of the day.

Also, CLO-HOL doesn't fly here. Just this past Friday morning's PCM it was stated we could use CL-H if a business was closed, but it could not be done between 12 and 1 or after 5.

I can understand doctors and dentists practicing out of more than 1 office, thus the need for closures, but why can't hair dressers work a 5 day week like the rest of us? :confused: