How many routes have you had and how long have you been on your current one?

UPSGUY72

As a sup you won't know them nearly as well.

Half the routes I know I learned on the blind.

I'll know them well enough to train someone on them and run them in case of an emergency. I only need to go out with a driver once and I could scratch the route the next day. It's all about keeping your wheels moving and working at a steady pace not running around like a idiot.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I'll know them well enough to train someone on them and run them in case of an emergency. I only need to go out with a driver once and I could scratch the route the next day. It's all about keeping your wheels moving and working at a steady pace not running around like a idiot.

I guarantee that you would not run scratch on my route with only one day of training, especially if you took your full lunch and break.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

What's to learn. Follow ORION.

Foamer Pyle

Not exactly sure how many routes I have had over the past 26 years, but I would have to guess at least 15. I almost never stay on the same route at bid time, I like switching it up.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I knew around 25 routes at one time early in my career. Boy did that suck! Most of them I had to learn blind unlike the big P drivers now that cry and moan if they have to do a new route.

UPSGUY72

I guarantee that you would not run scratch on my route with only one day of training, especially if you took your full lunch and break.

Taking your lunch or not has no effect on being able to scratch a route. Your dispatch hours are working hours and do not count non-working hours (LUNCH).

UPSGUY72

What's to learn. Follow ORION.

If the DOL isn't set up good to start the ORION solution is going to be a disaster. Orion is a good tool but it's still in it's infancy stage there are more changes on the horizon. You still need to have some area knowledge and the ability to adapt and overcome do to changing situations out on the road and not everyone has the ability to do that...

Orion inc.

I like turtles
After going FT, was a swing driver for 5 or so years. Learned about 35-40 different routes in the center. Went out blind a lot but it makes you a better methods driver. Had 2 bid routes after. Don't know if I plan to stay on current one.

A lot of retirements coming up so selection will be nice next bid.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
After going FT, was a swing driver for 5 or so years. Learned about 35-40 different routes in the center. Went out blind a lot but it makes you a better methods driver. Had 2 bid routes after. Don't know if I plan to stay on current one.

A lot of retirements coming up so selection will be nice next bid.

margaritaville

I know around 50 route between 3 centers but don't have the senority to win one myself. :( Mainly because i was an air driver who ground helped a lot before going full time. Even when i do get the senority to get one ill be picky.

Cementups

Box Monkey
On my 5th route, been on my current route for about a year now.

If it were up to me I would have never left the third route.

They cut it? That sucks... Did you win the next won that was up for bid or cover for a while?

We rebid routes up here every 2 years. A driver passed away and I was the highest bidder when it came up. I had the route for 7 years. Then came a rebid and a driver up the line got antsy and thought the grass was greener somewhere else and caused a domino effect.

Here we are 5 years later and I''m on the route he was originally on and he says he is going to take it back.....because he sees I get done at 5:30 most days. we eat lunch together once a week and he keeps telling me that but I try and tell him, the route hasn't changed you're just not very good at it. I tell him that I would take his then (because the guy who took mine won't leave my old one. Can't blame him). He scoffs and says I wouldn't be able to handle it. Oddly though all the cover drivers are done before 5:30 every day when they run his route......with lunch. But HE'S not the problem. :rolleyes: