How many times have you come off a route for another one?

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
That’s crazy as hell. I would never be able to go back to swing driver. Same route for life here.
Well, that’s kinda how it’s ends up once you get there. It’s an unwritten rule, if they pull you off your route, you tank like a fat blind kid that doesn’t speak English. But it does still happen.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
That’s insane. How is that even allowed?
It’s not bad really, when a route gets extra stuff like a set of apartments or something, it allows you to get off it and run another route that might have gotten sweeter over time. I’ve stayed on a couple for 2 cycles, eventually you get bored or the above happens.

We have routes that, when I started, were the sweetest in the building, just last bid one of those “sweet” routes fell to the second to last person on the seniority list.

pkgdriver

We do whole center bids every two years, three years in a contract year.

I’ve bid on and ran 6 different routes in 19 years I’ve been here.

Same here. I think it works well. 10 yrs on the route I'm on now, 14 yrs the route before and cover drove a few years before that. No feeder bids though.

brostalss

Utility driver for 5 years then I got my route.

Had my route for over 13 years. It changed here and there. Towards the end it was sweet. In by 5:30 with production bonus. Great customers whom I miss dearly.

But Feeder is the way to go. Just did two weeks of sleeper. Only worked six days. Two four day weekends in a row. Not using any time off. Went to Las Vegas. Three day weekend until I head back to work on Monday.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
I had a rural route that was OK.
Until they started building subdivisions in the middle of it.
500k to 700k dollar homes sprung up like mushrooms.
The Stay at Home Moms were nice for many reasons....but my stop count increased 30%, they changed my route by 60% and I bumped off the route