some of our new picks require you to load at 250+ to finish in the amount of time they want us wrapped now. Even if the sheets call for a plan of 5 hrs or more...that time isn't given. The volume for these picks hasn't really changed, the time frame has. Maybe thats just me but that seems excessive. Especially when they want everyone pulling all the PALs (doesn't take a lot of time, but it adds up over the course of the day). Our boxline is on fast all shift now not normal. Fast was previously used during the air sort because there is not as much volume. However its much harder to pull the "required" 5-7 packages out of each cage, when they're stuffed full all day. You have to admit its easier to sort optimum carries when you have more time at the cage. Not to mention the way the trucks are laid out now (well were, we cut routes now so at least this part has improved..for us anyway) you are in someone elses work area if you meet the cages at the head of your work area.
The boxline I'm on currently averages about 11-12,000 packages a day currently (used to do more, they've added more cars in PDCs, helps us a lot). One line does about 60% of it, the other does 40% On my line, we have about 0-3 a day, sometimes there are meltdowns (add cuts that weren't pulled etc, loader half asleep or otherwise conflicted). Generally, we do pretty well. They're looking for 1/2000 (misloads) this up form 1/1000 when PAS started.
I don't have a problem with the methods, I have problem with how they blindly believe they solve everything. I especially have a problem with a manager who "doesn't get the big picture" and pisses off all my loaders when he comes down the line. It took photo evidence to prove my point because I was sick of the BS. Its just sad it had to come to that. Oh well life goes on.