How Many UPS'ers Have Side Business'?

Google

...UPS'ers have been expossed to so many different types of business' on their routes........how many of ya'll have started a side business...........and what is it?

ikoi62

computer repair,it started out with a favor or two to friends on my old route, now i get computers from full timers and part timers and managers and customers.
i also maintain a couple of customers networks and systems on a regular basis,all off the clock of course.

jlphotog

I know one guy in our ctr that does computer repairs. Another that drives a limo on weekends, one that has a DJ business and I have a photo business. (Understand my nic now?)

diesel96

We have an ole baby crib in the back yard and fight Miniture Chihuahua's. Soon we'll be expanding to poodles, :censored2:zus, and yorkies.

On the series side I know two drivers in our center sells items on E-Bay...comes to work every morning with an armful of packages.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I do the antique thing and I sell on ebay. I am by no means an expert, I wouldnt know a chippendale dresser if it fell on me but I seem to have an eye, for things un noticed in peoples garages, etc, stashed away. Mostly pottery. I make a buck or two now and then, especially at Christmas, and occasionally my husband gives up a harley part or two that I can sell. My dream when I retire is to sit here, sell stuff and make my vaca money!!

diesel96

I do the antique thing and I sell on ebay. I am by no means an expert, I wouldnt know a chippendale dresser if it fell on me but I seem to have an eye, for things un noticed in peoples garages, etc, stashed away. Mostly pottery. I make a buck or two now and then, especially at Christmas, and occasionally my husband gives up a harley part or two that I can sell. My dream when I retire is to sit here, sell stuff and make my vaca money!!

The reason why the Chippendale fell on you is because you didn't eye him and put a buck or two in his draws...:tongue_sm

jds4lunch

What the hell is YOUPS??
I don't own a buisness, but I ref hockey on the side. Although if you add up the number of hours, I guess you could say that I ref hockey and work at UPS on the side.

Ms Spoken

After years of having a passion for Photography I have finally took the step into the Professional world. No more working for free doing weddings. Plus, I needed something to write off with Uncle Sam.

I'm also a volunteer for the Make A Wish foundation making sick kids dreams come true. Just something I enjoy. Plus, I'm very good at spending some else money. LOL

Last edited:

local804

Home improvements on the side with a contracter a few weekends a month. I wish I didnt have to, but it will be worth it in the long run.

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
I'm also a volunteer for the Make A Wish foundation making sick kids dreams come true. Just something I enjoy.

I'm thinking about getting involved with the Big Brothers/Big Sisters organization. I'm good with kids and I'm told I would make a great role model for young boys that haven't had the benefit of a strong male role model. Something I'm considering for after I leave UPS in two weeks. -Rocky

Cementups

Box Monkey
I used to have a business with aftermarket performance for import cars. But after a couple years with a bad business partner we closed up and put it in the past.

Now my brother and I rent out inflatable moonwalks. It's really his business but it occupies what little freetime I have. I'm only going to do it for another year though and then I'm out. My family is far more important than moonwalks.

satellitedriver

I have a blacksmith/fabrication shop.
My wife has a stained glass business and works full time at an online pet supply business.
I do the metal work as a personal passion.
When I install the windows my wife crafts, I make about $200.00 an hour.
The jobs are not all that frequent, but the extra money comes in handy.
PAX

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
I'm in the photography business too. I work part-time taking pictures of property for real estate companies. Gravy job....not really work imo....plus I love making a little something-something on the side.

rushfan

I sell UPS memorabilia on e bay. I am trying to sell the 100th anniversary lead bar. Man, so far the bid is up to five, yes five whole dollars! I will make a lot of money!

Seriously, I'm in the P.I. business. No one can tell I'm really an investigator. I have low overhead as far as capital expenditures. My uniform, vehicle, and fuel is paid for. Who suspects that the UPS driver is watching them have extramarital affairs.

I did have one of my coworkers try to sell some diet plan. He said, "since you will be driving feeder, you'll need to take this". Nothing worse than a coworker trying to sell you a multilevel marketing fraud.