"How much do you make"

UPSER110

This is good point

I think also, it kinda falls into that caregory of, Its not what you ask, but how you ask it. If someone i dont know, just walks over, and blurts out, "How much do you guys make?", idk thats just weird and a little intrusive.

agreed, the guys 1st words out of his mouth were asking how much I make.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
"Earned it?" Keep in mind that we are talking about a job which requires nothing more than a HS diploma and drivers license.

DUDE
Most of us have had to work part time getting up at 3am for 6+ years to HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY to get this job.
80% of people hired here don't make it 3 months.
Because you walked in off the street, don't disparage people that EARNED IT.

SMFH

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

DUDE
Most of us have had to work part time getting up at 3am for 6+ years to HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY to get this job.
80% of people hired here don't make it 3 months.
Because you walked in off the street, don't disparage people that EARNED IT.

SMFH

You "earned" a $100K job just by slinging boxes for a few years?

My son spent 5 years in college and racked up $73K in student loan debt to "earn" a job in which he will make more than I do within the next 5 years.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
You "earned" a $100K job just by slinging boxes for a few years?

My son spent 5 years in college and racked up $73K in student loan debt to "earn" a job in which he will make more than I do within the next 5 years.

He could of spent those 5 years at UPS and saved 73K then if he wanted a comfortable living.
He wanted something different.
He chose a different career, nothing wrong with that.
WE ALL EARNED IT by working hard (some in school, some at work).

And if we earned 100K by slinging boxes part time, then so be it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

He could of spent those 5 years at UPS and saved 73K then if he wanted a comfortable living.
He wanted something different.
He chose a different career, nothing wrong with that.
WE ALL EARNED IT by working hard (some in school, some at work).

And if we earned 100K by slinging boxes part time, then so be it.

He would have wasted his time by working here for 5 years.

You are clearly delusional if you think this job warrants $35/hr.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
A majority of people also think we deliver 30-40 stops a day. The look on people faces when you say I've still got 30 left at 8pm is priceless.

They have no clue how you're gonna finish that. That's a full day's work as far as they are concerned.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
He would have wasted his time by working here for 5 years.

You are clearly delusional if you think this job warrants $35/hr.
So why don't you give them back 15 an hour ??
This job is definitely a high stress physically demanding job that keeps most away from family and any type of personal life , ends quite a few marriages and at the end of the game , most leave here after 25 to 30 years needing pain relievers or surgery,,,,, dam straight , not over paid here brother !!

ups1990

When I'm asked this question, I quote a former NBA star whose name escapes me at the moment. " we make a lot but we spend a lot"

watdaflock?

Ask them immediately back, "where do you work?"*

* Willing to bet over 90% of the time they are unemployed.

Another thought is to simply reply, "none of your damn business"

Mine would have been "none of your business."

Suppose this is considered more polite.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Because Joe on the front porch might help me out in the snow and take a package for his neighbor up the road or Sally at the receiving dock will always go the extra mile helping me unload their 50 boxes. Once these people know how much I make they might have the attitude of "do it your damn self, you make $XX on the hour"
So they might expect you to do your job?

Some people have made good points. This is not one of them.

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
So they might expect you to do your job?

Some people have made good points. This is not one of them.

I actually get where UPSER110 was coming from in his post. I have a pickup where they usually have 2 pallets full of packages on the dock. One of the guys used to help me load this stuff into my truck. I didn't expect the help, but it was nice. Anyhow one week I noticed he stopped helping me load the packages. I found out why as I overheard him talking to a coworker one day. He asks 'you're not gonna help the UPS guy?' to which he replies 'you know how much they make an per hour? Yeah, he don't need no help'. Which is fine, it IS my job to load those packages myself. But it's a lot easier and MUCH faster when I got his help passing the packages to me from the dock. He became spiteful simply by finding out how much we made.

Hellobrown2000

No name needed but gosh darn get a :censored2:ing life you loser. Your the pos in the building crying about people should be fired for being a minute late every 3 months, whining when someone with less seniority has a easy pick off position. You obviously have no clue what it means to be a driver other than saying otherwise a driver doesn't deserve 35 an hour. Post in and post out you reply to people in a condescending manner thinking your on some high horse. I'd bet my check your one of the following, A) wife left you,B) run your mouth get your ass beat and than go get the other person in trouble, C) you have a small dick so your just miserable everyday. Get a life and go :censored2: yourself.