"How much do you make"

Dr.Brownz

He would have wasted his time by working here for 5 years.

You are clearly delusional if you think this job warrants $35/hr.

Do you hang out with your center manager or something? It seems like you have internalized all pf UPS's corporate propaganda. Either that or you are one of their shill accounts.

jaker

trolling
I actually get where UPSER110 was coming from in his post. I have a pickup where they usually have 2 pallets full of packages on the dock. One of the guys used to help me load this stuff into my truck. I didn't expect the help, but it was nice. Anyhow one week I noticed he stopped helping me load the packages. I found out why as I overheard him talking to a coworker one day. He asks 'you're not gonna help the UPS guy?' to which he replies 'you know how much they make an per hour? Yeah, he don't need no help'. Which is fine, it IS my job to load those packages myself. But it's a lot easier and MUCH faster when I got his help passing the packages to me from the dock. He became spiteful simply by finding out how much we made.
And a lot of that comes from people perspective of us that we have a easy job

I don't knock anybody's job unless I have done it myself, but most people don't think that way only if they knew what our job really was like

haller

And a lot of that comes from people perspective of us that we have a easy job

I don't knock anybody's job unless I have done it myself, but most people don't think that way only if they knew what our job really was like

You get a handtruck, we have to use our bodies. We're almost in the same amount of pain. It only gets worse when Saturday ground arrives.

Last edited:

Faceplanted

Crap deal?
75k in student loan debt

Making 75k.

The vast majority of people who get degrees are thinking they will make much more money fast. this usually isn't the case, not to mention its expected to answer phone calls and emails on days off and vacations, and job security isn't what it is made out To be.

I have plenty of friends with degrees in engineering, nursing ecT, 10 years later im still making more than ALL of them and have 0 student loan debt.

Not to mention paying nothing for healthcare

Last edited:

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
75k in student loan debt

Making 75k.

The vast majority of people who get degrees are thinking they will make much more money fast. this usually isn't the case, not to mention its expected to answer phone calls and emails on days off and vacations, and job security isn't what it is made out To be.

I have plenty of friends with degrees in engineering, nursing ecT, 10 years later im still making more than ALL of them and have 0 student loan debt.

Not to mention paying nothing for healthcare
It's a fair deal. Would not call it great or a ripoff. Generally it's advised not to graduate with more debt than you'll make in a year.

One thing about this job that is understated is the fact that your responsibility ends when you clock out.

Faceplanted

It's a fair deal. Would not call it great or a ripoff. Generally it's advised not to graduate with more debt than you'll make in a year.

One thing about this job that is understated is the fact that your responsibility ends when you clock out.
I agree it's a fair deal. I don't agree with this example being used to explain why upstate thinks we're over paid. People have masters in liberal arts and make 40k a year. Does that simple fact make us over paid... hell no

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
I make $19.50 cause I've only gotten one raise...and that's still more than some of my idiot friends who think they are better than other people who didn't pay to go read books and take tests...my girlfriends sister likes to brag about her degree all the time and how good her benefits are...then she asked about mine and she got real quiet :)

jaker

trolling
You get a handtruck, we have to use our bodies. We're almost in the same amount of pain. It only gets worse when Saturday ground arrives.
And here we go , you just knock our job workout doing our job

I can say I did yours can you say that about being a driver

Oh and FYI you would be amazed that the Hand cart doesn't get used as much as you think , you carry a 50lb box to a truck and drop it and go I carry it out the truck to a house and even sometimes up flight of stairs

So again don't knock the job if you haven't done it

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
And here we go , you just knock our job workout doing our job

I can say I did yours can you say that about being a driver

Oh and FYI you would be amazed that the Hand cart doesn't get used as much as you think , you carry a 50lb box to a truck and drop it and go I carry it out the truck to a house and even sometimes up flight of stairs

So again don't knock the job if you haven't done it

Do this job very long and you will form a close relationship with your 2 wheeler

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Are you friggin kidding me, man? You've worked here, what... a whole month loading trucks? Keep crying about your pain......wah. Try clopping up and down those metal steps in and out of a PC 200 times a day for 20 years until your knees blow out.

P.S. Enjoy peak!

542thruNthru

You "earned" a $100K job just by slinging boxes for a few years?

My son spent 5 years in college and racked up $73K in student loan debt to "earn" a job in which he will make more than I do within the next 5 years.

So does the kid with no debt think your son didn't earn anything?

Was this the first or second time your son went to college to "earn" his degree?