How much is the 90 day raise?

Weaver

Hello, I just started working for UPS in Washington State a few weeks ago as a preloader. I work the sunrise shift (3-4am start time) and make $11.00 an hour starting out. I have two questions; The first is in the title, how much is the 90 day raise? I have read some people say it's 50 cents and others have said it's a dollar.

Also my next question is about union fees and seniority. Do I start paying union initiation fees on my first check or only after I'm there for three months and get seniority?

Weaver

So it's different from state to state and not the same everywhere? Seems like how much is the three month raise should be easier to find out. I looked over the teamsters contract online and couldn't find any info.

I can talk to my shop steward but I don't go back to work until Tuesday and was curious.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
So it's different from state to state and not the same everywhere? Seems like how much is the three month raise should be easier to find out. I looked over the teamsters contract online and couldn't find any info.

I can talk to my shop steward but I don't go back to work until Tuesday and was curious.
You are absolutely correct. It varies from state to state so relax and enjoy the weekend.

watdaflock?

For myself I think the .50 cent was automatically given after the 90 days. You can get another .50 cents for being "specialized".....or whatever its called.

Its possible you are due the specialized .50 cents before the 90 days is up, depending on your preloading duties. Can't remember exactly what its called (think specialized) but if you are loading different trucks every day and not on an assigned same load you get an additional .50 cents.

*^ somebody smart please correct me if what I said here is incorrect.

Weaver

We were specifically told by the HR guy during orientation that we would get a raise after 90 days.

Though this guy was wrong about some things and seemed to have out of date info. For instance during the tour he mentioned something about "skill positions" being extra pay because they have to know zip codes, etc... when apparently that's not true anymore. Some of the guys who have been around for a while laughed when we mentioned it to him and said that system hasn't been used there in 10 years.

upschuck

We were specifically told by the HR guy during orientation that we would get a raise after 90 days
That was before Apr 25. If you had made 90 days before that date, you would of gotten a dollar, then another 50¢ on Apr 25. I have had to explain rates to one of the HR guys here, since they were only given a brief synopsis of the new contract.