How much is ups driver job worth?

L

lr1937

I am of the opinion that a feeder driver job at ups is worth $100,000 per year. I have no access to hourly wage scales, ups health, welfare, and pension payments. I don't know how many weeks vacation they get and if it is straight time or OT. How many paid holidays and sick days? Does ups contribute any to social security and unemployment taxes and if so how much per driver.
Are there any costs for uniforms. Used to be they only paid for shirts. What are the costs for covering paid for time off with inexperienced drivers with additional overtime hours. There may be more that goes into the makeup of what a ups job is worth.
Help!

F

feederdryver

What is a feeder job worth ???
Whatever UPS wants it to be.

As far as what a feeder driver "makes" is a another story.

If it will save UPS money on uniforms.. I promise I will only wear jeans and a t-shirt from now on. Hehehe

What is a bottom-level full time management position worth these days?? Just curious.

Help yourself !

U

upslocal480

As far as what a feeder driver "makes" is a another story.

Curious...exactly what is the starting pay rate for a feeder driver?

T

tieguy

Feeder Drivers can easily make that 100,000 and more when including the beni's. Those that want the hours can easily work 55 to 60 hours a week at 24 for the first 40 and OT for the rest. Sleeper team drivers can gross about 1500 a week.

F

feederdryver

Tiefly-
So your saying that $1500 X 52 weeks is $100,000 ???? Were you sleeping in class the day they were trying to teach you multiplication ?
sleeping.gif

Did I miss an unknown variable here ??

Local480-
Without giving away the Feeder pay rates to every non-employee who visits this site (it's really none of their bizz).. I can GUARANTEE you that no feeder driver in "my district" is making $100,000 a year in either gross or net .

Tiefly-
As far as the benefits go.. I believe my union dues are paying for that thank you.

U

upsdude

As far as the benefits go.. I believe my union dues are paying for that thank you.

Huh??

Your benefits are paid for by UPS my friend. Read your contract book. Your dues money pays for multiple salaries and pensions for union leaders. If anything is left over, the union bosses give that money to liberal democrats.

Tieguy.

Why doesnt UPS include a H&W payment listing under the Year to Date info on our paystub ?? Many employees are under the impression that union dues pay for H&W. The Teamsters love the My Union Dues pay for my benefits myth.

S

smf0605

You're right upsdude ... and just for the record, as of the new August 1st contract the rate is $9.3225 per hour for combined H&W and Pension.

L

lr1937

So your saying that $1500 X 52 weeks is $100,000 ???? Were you sleeping in class the day they were trying to teach you multiplication ?

1550 x 52 = 78,000 if you buy this plus another aprx 23,000 for HW&P PAID FOR BY UPS and not the union = $101,000 and counting.
Does the union also pay for your vacations and paid days off such as Pers hol and sick days?
Do you get paid for doing nothing while ups still has to pay some one to do your work.
Why don't you go look at the unions book to see who is footing the bill for your health welfare and pension benefits and while you are at it ask them how much of that money has come back to you over the years. Do you know how the union is doing with investing your money or don't you care. Probably not since you believe the union is paying for this out of your dues. Once you look at this you will quit wondering why ups wanted to take over your health welfare and pension funds. Tell the union you want to compare their pension fund performance over the last 20yrs with the ups pension fund.
I wonder who is taking a nap????

T

tieguy

"Tiefly-
So your saying that $1500 X 52 weeks is $100,000 ???? Were you sleeping in class the day they were trying to teach you multiplication"

Peterdriver did you read the whole post? Read it again real slow and carefull. Notice the part about Beni's? Now stop sleeping in class. By the way sweetheart I am in feeders and I've got more seniority than you my 15 year rookie friend.

T

tieguy

"Tieguy.
Why doesnt UPS include a H&W payment listing under the Year to Date info on our paystub ?? Many employees are under the impression that union dues pay for H&W. The Teamsters love the My Union Dues pay for my benefits myth."

I think it would be a great idea. For some reason though some people like fd know what we are paying for beni's but take a step back from reality when acknowledging it.

B

badhab1

The employee doesn't pay taxes on these contributions thus they would not be included on the stub. In thirty years this is the first person I have ever heard that thought union dues paid for their benefits. Amazing, absolutely amazing. I think of all the wild, and often misinformed, comments that have come up on message boards this one tops the cake. I don't mean to be critical but I truly think that I would be too embarrassed to ever post again after stating this "fact."

O

over9five

"As far as the benefits go.. I believe my union dues are paying for that thank you"

I believe what he meant was the Union dues pay for the benefits by paying the salaries of the fine Union people who negotiate our benefits.

K

kidlogic

Over9.5 dont say that. Some managment people still think that UPS just gives us those benifits and wages.And that if the union wasnt there UPS would give us the same benifits. If there are any managers out there that believe that...I have this bridge to sell ya.....ya thats the ticket!!!
wink2.gif

T

tieguy

The original issue was whether a feeder driver can make 100 k a year. With the beni's paid it certainly can and does happen.

U

upslocal480

I just want to know what the starting pay rate is for a feeder driver. I don't understand the secrecy. It's not a threat to national security for god's sake!
biggrin.gif

U

upsfeedersdsm

we have very few driver that make $100000 but a few, I will make about $72000 this year and we have some that will make less the $40000 $23.91 is our base doubles pay after our 2 year prog fig it out also our teams and some reg brown drivers make mileage 55 cents or so a mile tdu.org has the contract on their site if you want to

F

feederdryver

Over9five-

Thank you my friend, I'm glad somebody in here is practicing "getting the big picture"
Of course I had realized "after" I posted it that the shallow minds in here would get a chance to jump all over that. Typical.

Geez they act like we're the "only" employees who get H&W in this country.

UPSdude.. I could recite the entire contract book to you in my sleep. NEXT !!!

Badhab- You obviously haven't learned "getting the big picture" in your 30 year tenure. Over9five simplified it for you.

Ir-- I think your napping too.... 1550 X 52 = 80,600 (were you and tiefry classmates??) haha.. actually... I know what you meant, you just made a typo in your last post. Unlike some of the "trigger-happy" folk in here I won't bombard you BS over that technicality.

Tie-sly- UPS will never report to the IRS that I make $100k a year. Because I don't. Many Americans get benefits..so do you. What about it??? End of dicussion.. ZIP IT!!

UPSfeederdsm- Heeyyyy you told !!.. Hahaha!
and here I thought they would actually read the contract to find out.

Yawwwn... goodnight management world.

B

badhab1

Sorry 9-5 I honestly do not think that he intended your explanation. If so it certainly would have been easy enough for such an erudite individual as dryver to have stated it. No, the fact is he knew no better. Have a nice day.

T

tieguy

"Tie-sly- UPS will never report to the IRS that I make $100k a year. Because I don't. Many Americans get benefits..so do you. What about it??? End of dicussion"

In fact they will report that to the IRS. The fact you are not taxed on it as earnings does not negate the fact that you are paid a tremendous amount much more than most in your H & W fund. You can debate all you want but its still happening.

T

tieguy

"I believe what he meant was the Union dues pay for the benefits by paying the salaries of the fine Union people who negotiate our benefits."

Clearly his follow up wording shows anything but. How someone can be so ungratefull is beyond me. Give your union all the credit you wish for negotiating the terms. When your done the fact remains that UPS agreed to the terms and is paying the money. Your union is not putting one cent into the fund and never will. True appreciation would be to also give your Company credit for the money paid. True appreciation is clearly missing from his mind.