How much trouble could this guy get into?

El Correcto

god is dead

Skip to 2:29, rest of it isn't relevant. I heard it is a felony for a civilian to go into the back of one of our package cars, by an individual in management during my training.

trickpony1

Theft from an interstate shipment is a felony. I don't know if getting in the back of a pkg car is a felony.

I do know that kind of music makes me want to grab my crotch.

jaker

trolling
I am confused since this is a music video and not reality and don't really care about him

The better question is what dumb driver thought doing this would be ok, just because they blurred out the truck and him you can still find the neighborhood

rod

Retired 22 years
Stupid video----why do "thugs" go into their skipping dance when they commit a crime? If you want to skip get a jump rope.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
1) Criminal law varies by state.
2) Being in a vehicle isn't a crime, unless it is breaking and entering which has an element of moving or opening a door. If the door is open it's not B&E. You could claim trespassing once you've instructed the person to vacate the vehicle and they do not comply.
3) Stealing from a delivery vehicle has a harsher penalty than other vehicles in many states, but not all.
4) The crime in this video is simple armed robbery.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!

Yes it does.

The only correct statement that you made.

2) Being in a vehicle isn't a crime, unless it is breaking and entering which has an element of moving or opening a door. If the door is open it's not B&E. You could claim trespassing once you've instructed the person to vacate the vehicle and they do not comply.

Incorrect.

Burglary is typically defined as the unlawful entry into almost any structure (not just a home or business) with the intent to commit any crime inside (not just theft/larceny).

No physical breaking and entering is required; the offender may simply trespass through an open door. Unlike robbery, which involves use of force or fear to obtain another person's property, there is usually no victim present during a burglary.

3) Stealing from a delivery vehicle has a harsher penalty than other vehicles in many states, but not all.

Incorrect.

Stealing from a delivery vehicle invovled in interstate commerce becomes a Federal offense, investigated by the FBI, and prosecuted under Federal law, not State law.

Incorrect.

It is considered "interference with interstate commerce by act of armed robbery" and could get you 30 years.

Theft of interstate commerce will get you at least 10 years. Add the firearms charge and burglary charge and you should get 30 years.

I think you should go back to law school.

moldsporh

What an idiot. Someone obviously that didn't give much thought to his career.

Good thing they filmed the road sign, won't be too hard to narrow down.

Djcatman

In California you don't need to break in, just enter a vehicle or structure with intent to commit a crime see PC 459.

Drink Craft Beer

Within the last year, management changed what's printed out for Jewelers packages heading to the mall.

They no longer say the name of the company, just the initials with another letter added to it to the label once it's scanned.

Was told it was for the reasoning shown in the video.

El Correcto

god is dead
This was pretty stupid in my opinion. . . Saw it and was just like is that driver serious right now? I don't listen to the artist friend just showed me the video because he knows I drive. I've let civilians stand in my truck if it was raining and they've met me outside to get their package.