How Organized is your email?

moreluck

golden ticket member
I am new. Sorry I started a war here. I do not understand how Upstate has that much Rep Power rating with his name calling?
It's certainly not your worries. Responses come in all sizes and shapes.............so do partners. Welcome to the Brown Cafe.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I am new. Sorry I started a war here. I do not understand how Upstate has that much Rep Power rating with his name calling?

Welcome to Brown Cafe. I look forward to your future posts. The point I was trying to make with moreluck is that a forum was created to allow our mgt members to discuss issues of relevance amongst themselves. She knows nothing about this topic yet felt compelled to reply. Her reply actually made her look like a fool: It's simple--I delete them.

moreluck, shareholders are more commonly referred to as silent partners. Dave.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Welcome to Brown Cafe. I look forward to your future posts. The point I was trying to make with moreluck is that a forum was created to allow our mgt members to discuss issues of relevance amongst themselves. She knows nothing about this topic yet felt compelled to reply. Her reply actually made her look like a fool: It's simple--I delete them.

moreluck, shareholders are more commonly referred to as silent partners. Dave.
What about the people who get a retirement check from UPS every month ???? Huh?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I am new. Sorry I started a war here.

You are new here Tex (Welcome to Brown Cafe) and therefore don't know the personalities here.

More and Upstate have these lover spats every so often.

Imagine man and wife living in a house with a hallway 3000 miles long.

These two are having "hallway sex" as they pass in the hallway.

And of course, as is plain to see, it is the man's fault.

sosocal

with the new e-mail Archive I have decided to liberally clean out my e-mail - in Operations I don't have much project related information that needs to be saved - it is a day in day out sort of information cycle - I used to have the redundant folders and hierchy- I realized that the CYA file I kept for years and years was actually only needed once to actually cover my *****...So these days I delete (which is liberating at some level) and move on.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Have 3 emails 2 personals delete most stuff usually from smart phone and business email with tons of subfolders spend an avg of 1 1/2 hrs every morning answering and organizing e malls I hate email people in bussiness think if they send you an email what they want magically happens tag your it.Their is a little elf in the computer who solves problems and does stuff WTF

texan

Excellent comment "people in bussiness think if they send you an email what they want magically happens tag your it." Sometimes when working on something else, I close Outlook so I will not be bothered by all the I need immediatley.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Excellent comment "people in bussiness think if they send you an email what they want magically happens tag your it." Sometimes when working on something else, I close Outlook so I will not be bothered by all the I need immediatley.

Solutions I use:

1) Shift-delete - yes - permanently deletes from Outlook
2) I they really want it, they will ask 3 times - solution 1
3) I automatically route certain e-mail addresses to a folder where I apply solution 1 - I have 5 or 6 of these folders
4) any e-mail coming from a non-UPS domain is routed to Junk - solution 1

Using the above, I can go on vacation for a week and clean up my e-mail in an hour or so except for the one that really do need follow-up

Dragon

Package Center Manager
So what your saying is the 1304 emails I am staring at in my inbox (at work) can be deleted or should be deleted? 422 unread by the way...

Catatonic

Nine Lives
So what your saying is the 1304 emails I am staring at in my inbox (at work) can be deleted or should be deleted? 422 unread by the way...

Try deleting them and see what happens.

All those e-mails wont be sitting there and mocking you every time you open Outlook.

texan

Try deleting them and see what happens.

All those e-mails wont be sitting there and mocking you every time you open Outlook.

Scary thought. :surprised: You are mosts likley correct, but still scary sir. Then again 422 unread. whew You are probably correct to have him start over.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Scary thought. :surprised: You are most likely correct, but still scary sir. Then again 422 unread. whew You are probably correct to have him start over.

Hopefully a clean start will motivate to keep it manageable.

Part of my Time Management approach is OHIO. Only Handle It Once.
Started with paper and use it now with e-mails. (I probably don't have more than 10 pieces of paper in my office other than the HR required backup.

I file it away, delete and keep the ones I really have to follow-up on in the Inbox as Unread and maybe flag.
Or I may drop them on top of Tasks and create a task due in the future and delete the original.

If I have more than 20 e-mails in my Inbox or more than 6-7 Unread, I get antsy and I don't like getting antsy. Its all a matter of prioritization.

PS - I use to report to Bomberger and he figured out what I was doing and he would send his requests as "3rd request" on the first time. We got a laugh out of that in later years.