How prepared is your center for peak?

Rainman

Its all good.
They are making the effort where I am. Adding temps every other week, we got 3 permanent drivers earlier this year.

I still think it's going to be another ugly peak no matter what they do.

Kmart sux. So does Walmart. And Orion.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
That's the bottom line, face it we are gonna get killed and when packages get too much results will be in our favor. Later the better! Bring enough food and drink to survive. We also lost a 28 year driver to shifting as of Monday and that means one of our swing drivers fills in so two split routes might be reduced to one. Division manager walked the belt Friday to see why its the worst in the building. Maybe its too much, da.

Last edited:

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
More work less sleep for a month, nothing but a chicken wing on a string boys. We all know what it is and what we need to do to get her done so business as usual. Does it suck? Hell yeah but still aint SCEARED lmfao.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
My center is repairing all the old handcarts by welding parts from 2 or 3 different handcarts trying to make one that will actually work.
We are doomed.
And I will be making bank.

Box Ox

More work less sleep for a month, nothing but a chicken wing on a string boys. We all know what it is and what we need to do to get her done so business as usual. Does it suck? Hell yeah but still aint SCEARED lmfao.

Darn right. I'll take sub-40 degrees for 14 hours in the rear of a PC over 10-12 in 100-120 any day. Don't be intimidated and enjoy the money. One stop at a time.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Im just the opposite I hate the cold and love the heat. But I feel what your saying. Definitely get all the extremes on this job I think we can all agree on that. Your definitely battle tested mentally and physically every day here at this crazyazz place lol.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Im just the opposite I hate the cold and love the heat. But I feel what your saying. Definitely get all the extremes on this job I think we can all agree on that. Your definitely battle tested mentally and physically every day here at this crazyazz place lol.
Agree cold you can't get going, the heat , I feel better sweating it out instead of filling a 2 liter bottle all day.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Funny as you get older you hate the cold. Little easier to get out of bed when its warm out versus the cold. Not as achy, that's how you know your getting older lol.

Z

ZQXC

Funny as you get older you hate the cold. Little easier to get out of bed when its warm out versus the cold. Not as achy, that's how you know your getting older lol.

..... and the dark, and the rain, and old trucks, and going in

well, you get it.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

They are adding an extension to our building that will help, but we need more package cars or else it isn't going to matter

watdaflock?

We seem to be over prepared but yeah too early to tell. We are too overstaffed right now. We have at least 30 extra PCs sitting outside. They were brought in from out of state at least a month ago. Lots of new tractor trailers too. Our center was fine last year. It was the other centers in our building that struggled.

You must be in a very large regional hub?

Put 2 guys,that can use a DIAD ,in a truck for a full shift.

Then have somebody shuttle more packages out,in the rental trucks.

I thought all driver helpers were suppose to be able to use DIAD's?

10 point

Exactly, I did that with a preloaded and his personal vehicle . This was very affective and fast . I was the mothership and when he got finished he would come for more. This kept both us rolling and the helper with a car could do the same thing. The truck would clear out quickly for more room to organize .
Personal vehicle?

Hope they aren't involved in an accident or pulled over for a vehicle inspection. Especially hauling hazmats or alcohol.

Last edited:

10 point

We're gong to have to train six new drivers in the next month just to handle last year's volume.

Good luck with that.

They're lack of planning doesn't constitute an emergency on my part.