How to become a pilot

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
Ok fool.

Lie your tail off. Have a stroke....please. Save us a lot of time. You are committing a crime if you lie. A Federal crime. Please do and get caught. Would love it. Maybe a heart attack. Please please friend up. Maybe you'll end up in Leavenworth...be with your buds.
You mean to tell me that after 40 years a Teamster, your health insurance won’t cover the removal of whatever large object is wedged up your ass?

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
Ok fool.

Lie your tail off. Have a stroke....please. Save us a lot of time. You are committing a crime if you lie. A Federal crime. Please do and get caught. Would love it. Maybe a heart attack. Please please friend up. Maybe you'll end up in Leavenworth...be with your buds.
Kind sir, I’m pointing out reality. You know damn :censored2:ing well that 3 out of 5 of your and my coworkers that seem “off” in a certain way are in all actuality completely :censored2:ed up on any number of vices. Like the drivers in my old building adjacent center who spent every second of their lunch playing online poker. Not touching a bite of food. Or the semi-closeted alcoholics. Or the guys I coined “The painkiller predicament”

You really worked with people for 40 years and never had an inkling that they might be totally :censored2:ed up? And yet they still maintained their employment? Yes :censored2: people lie on paperwork all the time. And no one gives a duck until you cost the company money. At that point it doesn’t even make a difference you’re out the door even the Honest Abe types… file enough grievances and they’re going to :censored2: with you. Regardless of whether or not the person is, like you said, a horrible perjuring felon at the DOT doc’s office

quad decade guy

I think, not 100%, but think that the UPS pilots all have to be based out of Louisville right? Since the main next-day air hub is based there. Something to think about since that would require living in one city for most of your working life.
Well, you don't know much about flying or airlines....UPS is an airline. Airline folks commute ALL THE TIME on other airlines and live remotely from where they go to work. This is normal and sop. So your statement at best is maybe but not really.

quad decade guy

Kind sir, I’m pointing out reality. You know damn *ing well that 3 out of 5 of your and my coworkers that seem “off” in a certain way are in all actuality completely *ed up on any number of vices. Like the drivers in my old building adjacent center who spent every second of their lunch playing online poker. Not touching a bite of food. Or the semi-closeted alcoholics. Or the guys I coined “The painkiller predicament”

You really worked with people for 40 years and never had an inkling that they might be totally *ed up? And yet they still maintained their employment? Yes * people lie on paperwork all the time. And no one gives a duck until you cost the company money. At that point it doesn’t even make a difference you’re out the door even the Honest Abe types… file enough grievances and they’re going to * with you. Regardless of whether or not the person is, like you said, a horrible perjuring felon at the DOT doc’s office
Interesting.....you put a whole lot of words out there that I never said. Yeah, I know those kind of co-workers. And so? I have a really good friend who is JUST like all of the above. I'm not perfect. Never said I was.....but I am a pilot and guard that privilege with all my resources. I try to take care of myself and have been blessed with good health and body. Whatever is wrong, I get it addressed by my Doctor. I've had a long healthy career....good back and knees. Eyesight has been very stable for a long time. I will say Feeders is the absolute worst job for your health but the most lucrative and easiest. Your choice. Being honest and using preventative medicine like sleep therapy, and being honest about alcohol use and such(smoking), weed and all that can go a long way in extending not only your career but your life.

Reality? Those folks you describe may or may not survive. Hopefully, they only kill themselves. Some of these folks on here are so hateful and nasty......sooner the better.

Shrug.

quad decade guy

No. I just missed going there. And my father was there early (66-67). He was also in Air Force during Korea but never got sent there.
You know Yeager was on the F20 Tigershark program until it got canceled. It was supposed to replace T38's. F20 was a relative of the F5. My Dad was in Korea via Thule Greenland. Long way for a boy of 17 out of Hominy Oklahoma. Left as a Staff Sargent AIr Force. He was a medic.

Indecisi0n

Upser out of Charleston WV, very curious how to become a pilot for UPS. I’m only 20 years old, and have no experience piloting a plane whatsoever. Anyone a pilot that can give me some directions to accomplish this dream?
Buy windows Flight Simulator and get in as many hours as you can.

oldngray

nowhere special
You know Yeager was on the F20 Tigershark program until it got canceled. It was supposed to replace T38's. F20 was a relative of the F5. My Dad was in Korea via Thule Greenland. Long way for a boy of 17 out of Hominy Oklahoma. Left as a Staff Sargent AIr Force. He was a medic.
T38 was such a good trainer they made the friend-5 as a fighter version. US never really wanted the plane and it was mostly an export model. friend-20 was a later upgraded version of friend-5 but never mean to be a trainer. It was a fighter that couldn't find enough buyers.

quad decade guy

T38 was such a good trainer they made the friend-5 as a fighter version. US never really wanted the plane and it was mostly an export model. friend-20 was a later upgraded version of friend-5 but never mean to be a trainer. It was a fighter that couldn't find enough buyers.
From what I've read, the T38 was/is tough to fly. And given how miserable the rest of the world is at flying(especially the Asians, no really), seems odd they would buy F5's. From what I have seen, the T38's still have 50/60's avionics. Some just have phones or I-pads. Some have been upgraded but not all.