How to become a small sort employee

Ashley22

Hello, I am not trying to weasel my way in. I'm not trying to cheat the system. When I asked, 'what are the proper steps to become a SS employee', I meant what is the standard protocol. I'm young, I have lotsa growing up to do but wanting to do better for myself is not being immature. I'm simply done getting hurt on a daily basis. I'm mostly concerned about my physical well being. I found your answer unhelpful but thank you for reading and taking the time to respond.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Hello, I am not trying to weasel my way in. I'm not trying to cheat the system. When I asked, 'what are the proper steps to become a SS employee', I meant what is the standard protocol. I'm young, I have lotsa growing up to do but wanting to do better for myself is not being immature. I'm simply done getting hurt on a daily basis. I'm mostly concerned about my physical well being. I found your answer unhelpful but thank you for reading and taking the time to respond.
Well, when you got hired at ups, no offense but what job did you think you would be doing?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Well, when you got hired at ups, no offense but what job did you think you would be doing?

I think 95% of the people who are hired had no idea what they were in for. After a few months, a lot of people start to realize they didn't understand the toll the work would take on their bodies.

My advice, talk to a steward, find the list, and put your name on it. The reward for hard work at UPS is more work... slow down. Just show up on time everyday and give a FAIR DAY'S work. Hopefully it won't be long before you've got enough seniority to get a more preferred position. Hang in there.

Loyal Teamster

I think 95% of the people who are hired had no idea what they were in for. After a few months, a lot of people start to realize they didn't understand the toll the work would take on their bodies.

My advice, talk to a steward, find the list, and put your name on it. The reward for hard work at UPS is more work... slow down. Just show up on time everyday and give a FAIR DAY'S work. Hopefully it won't be long before you've got enough seniority to get a more preferred position. Hang in there.

My Sup told us during the pcm meeting this morning that the new kid wanted to quit. I replied "Its a new employee Phase". I told them, "first its Brown Pride, then I want to Quit, then Whatever." we had a nice laugh. I guess next is Bcafe troll'n.

Thanks,
Loyal Teamster

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
My Sup told us during the pcm meeting this morning that the new kid wanted to quit. I replied "Its a new employee Phase". I told them, "first its Brown Pride, then I want to Quit, then Whatever." we had a nice laugh. I guess next is Bcafe troll'n.

Thanks,
Fake Teamster
caution_sign_random_jazz_hands_art_canvas_print_poster-rac91d6f9397f4f25b246e83bb18c4739_wfz_8by.jpg
caution_sign_random_jazz_hands_art_canvas_print_poster-rac91d6f9397f4f25b246e83bb18c4739_wfz_8by.jpg

Overpaid Union Thug

I started in smalls. My first night at UPS was only orientation but we were assigned our areas that night. There were about 35 of us sitting in a training room at tables that formed a big U shape and the HR guy started at one end of it and assigned people to PDs by number low to high, "quads" for unloading, then smalls was last. Well, guess who was sitting at the other end of the tables? :happy-very: That was a decade and a half ago. Between then and now I've done just about every job you can think of at UPS.

U

uber

I worked in smalls sort a couple times at the end of the shift for a little extra time a couple years ago. The scenery up there was much better than the scenery down where I was

( . )( . )

It is UPS however, so its not saying much.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I worked in smalls sort a couple times at the end of the shift for a little extra time a couple years ago. The scenery up there was much better than the scenery down where I was

( . )( . )

It is UPS however, so its not saying much.
There's no breaking a sweat or lifting over 70s in smalls. I wouldn't mind working there once or twice a month, give my back a break.