How to get a lower stop count?

Zowert

I've stop the runner gunner tactics I've been doing on routes months ago. I've slowed way down I've started following the posted speed limits on all roads and highways and been focusing on every method and been taking my time while taking my full hr lunch plus my 10 minute break. Is this they way to lower the stop count and have a sane dispatch? On a route i was covering last week i was doing 10 stops an hr on some country route while the driver was on vacation. I noticed i was getting about 83 to 90 stops on that route. Im hoping i aint blow the numbers up on it.

Wait.. We get an hour for lunch?!

Sweeper

Where’s the broom?
Wait.. We get an hour for lunch?!
Read your supplement then follow it precisely. Times and duration vary depending on where you are. Adjusting when you take your lunch and breaks outside the language of your supplement to make businesses and pick ups only adds to your stop count. Management can also discipline you for taking lunch and breaks outside those specific times listed in your supplement.

Slug Life

When do we eat?
I could give you some other pointers. Not sure I wanna kill my golden goose though.
Also make sure them windows and mirrors are squeaky clean. For all safety purposes. ✌️
Also at beginning of day make sure you can secure that two-wheeler before leaving hub. Even if you gotta re-load it.

Over disciplined0123

I've stop the runner gunner tactics I've been doing on routes months ago. I've slowed way down I've started following the posted speed limits on all roads and highways and been focusing on every method and been taking my time while taking my full hr lunch plus my 10 minute break. Is this they way to lower the stop count and have a sane dispatch? On a route i was covering last week i was doing 10 stops an hr on some country route while the driver was on vacation. I noticed i was getting about 83 to 90 stops on that route. Im hoping i aint blow the numbers up on it.
Lol. How long did it take you to realize that. I’m sure you being speedy helped out your fellow drivers in your loop

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Finally had "the talk" with one of our biggest runner gunners. He was wondering why he was getting loaded down worse than the other gunners on his loop. When you get an 11 hour day done in 7.5, what did you think would happen?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Idk, my ORS said we don't get alotted time to re-sort our packages by PAL when we're required to check for missloads by 1pm... just leave em where they are. LOL

Cause following Orion isn't bad enough... you're expected to find packages out of order also!!!
It sucks that you guys can’t just come to work and punch in and go do the job, drive back and go home....like we do in feeder. They have made this job so completely complicated with all of these rules, methods and such it is just mentally exhausting.... micromanagement at a ridiculous level...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
If it's cloudy, use dr bags. You don't know when the customer will be home. Follow posted speed limits all day every day. Don't ever call pickups. Don't work off the clock, ever. Take lunch at lunch time...not after work. Fill out info notices completely. Basically do the job as it's supposed to be done in spite of mgmt giving the wink wink to cut corners. Screw their numbers. Get on the 9.5 list.
It takes discipline but you can do it by the book. I've been doing it for years. 65 stops is a heavy day for me.
Be prepared, coworkers will become jealous of you and your stop count. Just laugh at them while they are taking all 15 minutes of their hour lunch after work in the restroom.
PS..follow Orion.
Or the 4 or 5 drivers sitting outside the building at 6 taking their “lunch” and breaks.... pathetic

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Paid by the hour.

Dulce Bombón

I'm Legal Gringo! UPS Latina Heat! Haters ❤ me!

You can always quit. No more counts, period.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Read your supplement then follow it precisely. Times and duration vary depending on where you are. Adjusting when you take your lunch and breaks outside the language of your supplement to make businesses and pick ups only adds to your stop count. Management can also discipline you for taking lunch and breaks outside those specific times listed in your supplement.
True but a good steward/union rep will recall the dozens of drivers who also violate lunches and breaks

UrFellowUpser

Even when i work 11 almost 12hr days i still take my hour lunch at 1pm or mabye 12 if i fell i can get my businesses off before 5 when i do so, and take my 10min paid break around 3 or 4pm

UrFellowUpser

Lol. How long did it take you to realize that. I’m sure you being speedy helped out your fellow drivers in your loop
It did help my other drivers in my loop and i started to realize that the aches and pains in my body is not worth it , and that i wouldn't survive 30 years doing this job being a runner. I was still stuck in my 30 days qualification mind frame hussle. I'm almost 2yrs in as a FT cover driver.

UrFellowUpser

Even though this site can be a joke at times I've have gain alot of wisdom. I still need to make some changes, but in my two years being a FT cover im starting to feel that im getting to know how this game is played and not being a victim.