How to leave UPS

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You and Photog both gave him the best advice. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.

My so had a job at a local marina. He blew them off on one of the busiest weekends of the year (Labor Day ). Even though he now has his MBA and has started his professional career, he still regrets not having done the right thing at the marina.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
My so had a job at a local marina. He blew them off on one of the busiest weekends of the year (Labor Day ). Even though he now has his MBA and has started his professional career, he still regrets not having done the right thing at the marina.

U mad bro?

The spelling errors are creeping into your posts.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1436750999.711180.jpg

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

To the OP, put in your two weeks notice like everyone else said. Get everything you're entitled to before doing this like everyone said. No need to kiss ass like Dave said. Two weeks notice is professional and enough.

We are not talking about quitting your grocery bagging job down at the Piggly Wiggly.

"Thank you for the opportunity" is not kissing ass.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....

Did he model that inexcusable behavior after his father, or his dad?

hyena

I am looking at leaving UPS from a management position, I was lucky to have some UPS hourly employee's smarten me up about how things are before I started at UPS. I heard of some bad horror stories and my people on my line have told me some horrific UPS stories. I trust my employees who work for me more than supervisors. Quite frankly I trust my full time supervisor's as far as I can throw a UPS semi trailer... Any advice how to leave UPS without having them try to screw with you?
image.jpg

10 point

We are not talking about quitting your grocery bagging job down at the Piggly Wiggly.

"Thank you for the opportunity" is not kissing ass.
An employee probably gets more thank-yous at Piggly Wiggly in one day than they'd hear in a year here.
Compensation vs appreciation/satisfaction? People who are happy and feel appreciated live longer and have better quality of life. Maybe not financially, maybe, but overall laughing and enjoying life is great gain.

10 point

So...the moral of the story is:
"Irresponsible actions at your job at the marina will make it hard to keep your head above water later in life"?

10 point

"Don't burn any bridges."
Some bridges will never be taken again depending on how you were purposely treated.
I would bet the large air hubs treat their employees better than some other buildings.
Companies that treat their employees with respect reap the reciprocal and those that treat them like trash reap the final no call no show.