How to run scratch

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I don't follow EDD if I did I'd never get done.....
I'm waiting for the day when my OR calls me in and asks me why I doubled back on some stops. Before I answer I'm going to ask him if he is going to make the changes in my trace like I've asked. If he says no again, I'm walking out the door with a big, "See ya!!".

UPSGUY72

I'm waiting for the day when my OR calls me in and asks me why I doubled back on some stops. Before I answer I'm going to ask him if he is going to make the changes in my trace like I've asked. If he says no again, I'm walking out the door with a big, "See ya!!".

The SUP in my building don't worry about you following trace they know 90% of the routes are set up terrible and they know the dispatch person won't fix them even when driver writes it down on paper. The dispatch manager doesn't work under direct control of anyone in the building so he doesn't really care what they say as long as there are enough stops on each car is his only worry.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
The SUP in my building don't worry about you following trace they know 90% of the routes are set up terrible and they know the dispatch person won't fix them even when driver writes it down on paper. The dispatch manager doesn't work under direct control of anyone in the building so he doesn't really care what they say as long as there are enough stops on each car is his only worry.
My OR is a jack of all trades in our center. He is OR, dispatcher, Ctr supervisor, the fixer of all things wrong. And the one that creates most of the things wrong.

over9five

Staff member
I followed the PAS/EDD teams recommendation, "Be ANAL!".

I was, and my DOL was perfect.

Unfortunately, when I got splits from other routes it became apparent that other drivers were not so anal....

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I followed the PAS/EDD teams recommendation, "Be ANAL!".

I was, and my DOL was perfect.

Unfortunately, when I got splits from other routes it became apparent that other drivers were not so anal....
I would be one of those that are anal as well. I just can't get my sup to make the changes I want. So friend him. He won't make the changes and I won't be perfect.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I have that problem with a prefeered customer. the one now getting and shipping 50 NDA a day, which increased my day by at least 100 pkgs. And did not get credit for the lead I submitted. My center manager agrees I should get it, and the center should get credit, but it wont happen, Im sure.
all of it except the air, is now palled to the 3000 section. I dont know why it is suppose to be rdr. The person, the only one in the cnter who knows how to make corrections says, "cant you just pull them out? Im like well yeah, If I can get to them but they are all suppose to be in totes in the back, so why dont you just fix it. Not fixed, I dont care. When they get their stuff at 11 when I caN GET TO IT INSTEAD OF 1045, THEN IT WILL GET FIXED.

Big Babooba

Scratch = paid over. Scratch (not that guy down near Atlanta who attempted to corrupt me once) is nothing more than what you do when you have an itch. I am allergic to work. When I work, I start to itch. When I start to itch, I start to scratch. When I start to scratch, I stop delivering packages at a good pace. When I stop delivering packages at a good pace I become paid over. When I become paid over, my paycheck becomes bigger. When my paycheck becomes bigger, I can take more time off. When I take more time off, I have reached a blissful state. Put that in your pipe and smoke it!!!

Big Babooba

BINGO!!!

Logb17

I'm new and have already learned the whole over/under thing is BS. I was bringing my training route back after waiting at my last pup(6:15 UPS store). They told me I was .5 over. "That is really good though. The regular driver on that route was 1.5 over everyday. Your doing great." Unless I pup 600 pieces, I'm over..

bigblu 2 you

scratch is a term known only to contract ignorant kool-aide drinkers{brown color}.from time to time i am asked about over,under,scratch,etc....but now that up$ has $pent countle$$ dollar$ on telematic$,i dont know why they ask me anything.i tell them to find all the answers on their tattletale box.i am just employee #x0x0x0x0 i try to give a fair days work .all over-under-etc suggests flaws in their time measurements.

cino321

DS, it is a waste of time to pull to the side of the road and sort the car.

Agreed, however in my entire district we have notify the center about misloads by 14:00. Can't do that without sorting the car really early.

Don't worry about running scratch. Worry about not running.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Agreed, however in my entire district we have notify the center about misloads by 14:00. Can't do that without sorting the car really early.

Don't worry about running scratch. Worry about not running.
LOL I had 3 misloads today. 2 I found early enough to drop off back at the center. The 3rd one was SOL!!

iamhuge

Banned
It is not that hard to run scratch, follow the methods and have clean Telematics reports.

We have a couple of drivers who are regularly an hour or more over and both have been described as "chatty Cathys"--too much customer contact.
Some routes, like mine , are impossible to run scratch. I am 2 to 3 hours in the hole everyday. I have done the same with a sup on car 20 times. I dont chat, and my methods are a thing of beauty. Time study just sucks sometimes